Sore spots on head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sore spots on head

Does anyone ever get really sore spots on their head for no reason? I don't think there's any bumps or anything, just painful to the touch.

My neuro always says "you know about all the weird head pains". This is a new one for me.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I have a patch on the top of my head near the back where it feels like someone is pulling my hair. The pain is so intense it almost feels like it's cold, if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy7402 View Post
      I have a patch on the top of my head near the back where it feels like someone is pulling my hair. The pain is so intense it almost feels like it's cold, if that makes sense.

Yes, I meant to say that it hurts to touch my hair. There is absolutely no injury up there. Just pain, especially when I touch it. This is not the first time this has happened, but it still feels new. I always forget to mention it to the voodoo doctor.
      Marti

Comment

I can't believe I saw this thread! me too! It used to worry me a lot.

So, I am suddenly a me too! Contributor to the forum. But I never talked to anyone else who had this symptom and my neuro has never picked up on it when I mention it.

The sore head syndrome has come and gone over the years but is, exactly as described, extremely painful to the touch. With me it can hang around for a few weeks and used to worry me. I was afraid of the intensity of the pain and thought it was something that was needing immediate intervention.

Now I recognize it when it comes and think, "oh, it is here again".

Linda
        "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Originally posted by MSLazarus View Post
          So, I am suddenly a me too! Contributor to the forum. But I never talked to anyone else who had this symptom and my neuro has never picked up on it when I mention it.

The sore head syndrome has come and gone over the years but is, exactly as described, extremely painful to the touch. With me it can hang around for a few weeks and used to worry me. I was afraid of the intensity of the pain and thought it was something that was needing immediate intervention.

Now I recognize it when it comes and think, "oh, it is here again".

Linda

Just to show you how weird this is..... today... it is gone. I can touch my hair without any pain. Last night I tought I was having a stroke! And yes, this comes and goes for me too and has done for years. Aren't we a bunch of freaks!!
          Marti

Comment

Maybe I'm not talking about the same pain. But I think the pains that I feel in my scalp are because I spend so much time in bed. My head is on the pillow and there isn't enough circulation behind my head. My hair is very thick so it stays wet for 24 hours after a shower.

I don't blow dry my hair because it destroys my hair and everyone else's.

Comment

I also have pain around my head and temple area. I recently read about inflamed blood vessels that can cause pain on the head and scalp. I'm keeping an eye on this problem. If it gets any worse, I'm talking to my dr.

Comment

Yep, I get a lot of strange head pains. Temples, back, top, all over. This thing that feels like sores is the weirdest one. My hair even hurts if I touch it.

The thing that is so frustrating is that I ( we ) never know when something different is serious enough to hit the E/R. You hear about strokes or aneurisms and head pains give you the willies.
                Marti

Comment

Neuralgia

Occipital (sp?) and Trigeminal Neuralgia can cause head pains. I had a stabbing pain in my right ear that is the Trigeminal and from the back of my head to the front not quite all the way to the eyeball on the right side is the Occipital Neuralgia. Not sure if this is what you have or not but my dr prescribed more gabapentin for the pain and it helped a lot. Luckily most of the pain is now gone (it does come and go) and I was able to decrease the meds.

Hopefully your pain will go away as well.

-Teresa

Comment

I also get intermittent " hair" pains. Really so odd, can't brush it, wash it, or just even touch it. Once it was windy outside and the wind hurt my scalp when it blew. So bizarre....
                    Kathy
                    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Count me in as one who gets the head/hair pain. Super painful and thankfully comes and goes. I don't think anyone that hasn't had it can imagine the tenderness and pain. It is weird!

Comment

Working...
                      X