Rollators kind of suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollators kind of suck

Do not trust your wheelie-walker! Just when a over h. Landed on the cement. Skinned my knee and elbow. Quite a lot of blood.

Ouch.

I get exhausted using the rollater, I mostly use forearm crutches, keeps me stable for short distances. otherwise it's wheelchair time.

Youtube has instructional videos on everything, maybe they have a trick up their sleeve that makes navigation a little easier.

Peace,
    Anna

Comment

I had a rollator and didn't like it either. I then tried a walker similar but the wheels went in the opposite direction I was trying to go.

I ended up with a walker that I am very comfortable with. It has wheels on the front and a seat but the back legs have an automatic break system. If you put pressure on the handles of the walker the breaks engage. If I'm going downhill and am always taking it slow and leaning on the walker for balance the breaks are always engaged. If you sit on the seat the break automatically engages. It is a walker with push down brake by Drive.

Comment

I bought a rollator online. It was the lightest weight I could find. It arrived and it was so heavy, awkward and clumsy I sent it back. It didn't fit between the bathroom door or anywhere in my apartment.

I don't know how anyone can use them. Lifting them into the car would destroy my back. Go on errands, lift it out of the car and back in everywhere you go is ridiculous.
        One good thing, they are starting to put small shopping carts in the supermarket. They function like rollators.

I'm going to use my cane until I can't anymore and go straight to a wheelchair.

Comment

There are dozens of varieties of rollators...it takes research

I have used one for 25 years. I have 8" solid rubber wheels...it is three wheeled and I use it everywhere. No seat.
          I had to get a new set of tires once!
          "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Working...
          X