TECFIDERA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TECFIDERA?

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of techfidera?
    if so what is your experience on it?
    Thanks!

Hi butterflyblissbabe,

I am not on Tecfidera, but would like to provide you ith links to Tecfidera's website: http://www.tecfidera.com/ and our sub forum on Tecfidera: http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...?125-Tecfidera

Best of luck,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I have two friends that are on tecfidera and love it. My experience was different. I stopped taking it after less then two weeks because I had "peanut butter brain" where I couldn't even carry on a conversation, and my walking was significantly worse. Both were noticeable by others. I went back on Betaseron and was back to what's normal for me in about a week. You just have to try it and see if it works for you. I would love to find an oral drug that I can use.

Comment

I've been on tec for about 4 months and so far it's been great for me. I have less fatigue, better concentration and sleep better. I never had "visable" symptoms such as balance issues to tell you if it helped with those. I have only minor side effects such as heart burn and slight flushing. Tums or aspirin fix those easily.

I have learned a few tricks along the way. ALWAYS eat a full meal before taking tec. Carb, protein, and fat especially in the beginning. I have only taken meds once on empty stomach, and never again will I make that mistake. Now I can eat just a bowl of oatmeal or pasta and be OK. Chewable 81mg aspirin stop flushing within minutes. I didn't want to take another pill everyday for a symptom only had x2 a week.

Google how to prevent tecfidera side effects and ignore the scary stuff. I learned so much that way. Good luck!

Comment

Tecfidera

Many people on this forum have been taking Tecfidera for a long time. I have been taking Tecfidera since February 2014. So far it has been an easy trip. I do have my blood work done every 3 months to check the WBC count. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
          X