Two people with MS fall in Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two people with MS fall in Love

I believed that having MS and single, at the age of 58, was the formula of living the rest of my life alone. I was blessed to find a wonderful lady, with RRMS, at the age of 59. The only issue was the 650 miles that separated us. Love has made this issue disappear. We both shared the same dream, to find someone to marry and share the rest of our lives together. Now our dreams have come true. I just returned from a two week visit to South Carolina and Donna will be flying to PA in September. We are making future plans, Engagement in October, and the wedding after the first of the year. So never give up on your dream, "What ever it is, or, How impossible it may seem" because dreams do come true.

Ooh, what a sweet story. So happy for both of you.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Ditto on the sweet story. I have stated before I would only date someone with MS...if ever again.

I am glad for both of you!
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Christopher! I remember your thread awhile back asking for suggestions for meeting someone special and here you are now clearly in love

I am so delighted for you!!
        Best wishes and blessings for your future
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello Seasha

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Hi Christopher! I remember your thread awhile back asking for suggestions for meeting someone special and here you are now clearly in love

I am so delighted for you!!
          Best wishes and blessings for your future
          I tried the various suggestions given on this site. I connected with Donna on the MS Pals website. She had just joined the group a few days before I did. At the time neither one of us ever expected to find the love of our lives. We both commented on another MS Pals post, with a very similar comment, which started the communication between the two of us. When we started texting each other, I mentioned that I would prefer connection with a lady with MS, then one without. Donna didn't understand in the beginning, saying wouldn't I rather a healthy lady to care for me if I ever got to that point with my MS. I convinced her that what is important is "The Now", we have the exact same symptoms and disabilities, walking with a cane. We understand each other, with out speaking, we feel the same feelings. We are the perfect match. We shared everything about each other before we met for the first time. When we met it was love at first sight.

Comment

I am happy for you, ChristopherG! Congrats and best wishes for your future !

Comment

Congrats!

This is so exiting! May you both find lasting joy and good health together. We would love pictures of the wedding.

Comment

This is probably the most wonderful thing that can happen with 2 people with MS. Beautiful story.

I wish you two many years of happiness along with no more relapses.

Comment

I am happy for you both. That's wonderful. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                  X