Travelling with Meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling with Meds?

I am going to be travelling for work over the next few weeks. I have the travel kit, supplied by the drug company, to keep everything in and I will keep it in my purse. I will take the prescription off of the box that indicates the medication, the dosage/x per week to take, the prescribing doctor etc.

Will this be enough to get it through security? I just worry because it is a syringe and not a pill. Thanks everyone
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

sounds ok

I have traveled several times, carrying my Avonex with me. The first couple of times I worried that TSA would question me about the syringe, and so I had a letter from my neuro stating that I was carrying a required medication. I mentioned that I had it at the first TSA desk and she didn't seem to care.

So the most recent couple of trips, I haven't even bothered to get the letter and I didn't even mention it. Sailed right through... they were more interested in the area where my breast prosthesis showed up on the xray and had to pat me down to make sure it wasn't dangerous!

I always do carry it with me rather than checking it and also have the prescription label taped to the little box.

Comment

You should be fine

I travelled to San Francisco two weeks ago and had the same worries. They gave me a travel pack but the nurses at Rebif told me the shot could be un refrigerated for three days or more and be fine. I stuck the shot in a clear plastic bag with all my other liquids and put the prescription from the box in the bag with it. That worked! They made me throw out my 5 ounce moisturizer but never questioned the shot. Heh. I did carry on bags though...it can't fly with checked luggage because of temperature concerns. FYI: I also bought a mini SHARPS container online (Amazon) to dispose of the injector pen thingy after I took the shot. Safe travels!!!
      "It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
      I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

I do bring the Rx label, but I've never taken my Copaxone out of my bag and security has never asked. They probably see a lot more diabetic folks than MSers and are quite accustomed to seeing syringes on their x-rays...
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I'm not sure what you're on but I haven't had any problem travelling with Copaxone and all the paraphernalia that goes with it when I fly.

Comment

Travel kits?

I haven't heard of these, but will call my MS nurse & ask her about them now Thank you!
            Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
            UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
            X