Acorda....MS drug...rHIgM22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorda....MS drug...rHIgM22

I don't keep up with trials, and drugs in the pipeline, but I was checking on the stock market today and noticed that Acorda had a HUGE gain (versus most every other stock that took a loss.)

Looking a little further, the gain was because Acorda won a couple patent challenges on Ampyra. But in looking up Acorda, I came across a trial of the MS med mentioned in the title. It's in phase I trials. Seems to be a Remyelinating med. Here's the link to the article on the med (not sure whether the mods will have to remove it or not...but if so, just google Acorda and at their website it's under Products and Research.

http://www.acorda.com/products/resea...opment/rhigm22

I see they work with Mayo, and was wondering if anyone was in the trial?

Thanks for the information. I can only hope I'm around long enough to give it a try if it proves successful.

Comment

Really interesting research-- I hope it bears fruit sooner rather than later
      RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Yes it was a very (Promising) article and like ru4cats said, " I can only hope I'm around long enough to give it a try if it proves successful." But thanks for sharing it with us.
        PEACE

Tortis

Comment

There is also something called Zymbryta that looks like it will remyelinate, as well. Supposedly going into Phase 3 trials soon.

Comment

Thanks rdmc and kim-mastro-phase 3 is better than phase 1
            Here's hoping ..
            Linda

Comment

Thanks for the information. I see my neurologist this week so I will ask him about any available trials. I have not been on any MS drugs in over a year. Now that I know that my pain was from a badly damaged hip and not MS I am ready to try again. Now the hip is new and the pain is gone. Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
              X