Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROLLATOR ARRIVED , WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROLLATOR ARRIVED , WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG???

My rollator from the VA arrived on Tuesday and everyday I use it I wonder what took me so long to order one. After falling 3 times recently I feel so much more safe with the rollator.

And KatieAgain it is Air Force blue. I am ordering an Air Force decal to put on one of the cross members. I am so excited to have it and I feel much safer.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Hooray for you!! I know what you mean though- it took me too long before I made the decision and now I can't imagine life without it!

Here's to better balance and fall-free walking
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Well done! Having to use these things hurts, but not near as much as falling a over head.

Comment

I'm glad it's working out for you. I feel the same way about mine.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I too made the decision and bit the bullet and got a walker. It has made such a world of difference out in the "real world". I now feel like I can walk like a normal person once again, something I had become a little jealous of lately, seeing other people out walking.

I got an Instep II and love it! Although I won't be putting any military decals on mine, I do have some pretty little rhinestones and am going to bling it out! My brother, who rides Harleys also gave me a biker bell, that is already attached - to keep me safe while I'm on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
            My rollator from the VA arrived on Tuesday and everyday I use it I wonder what took me so long to order one. After falling 3 times recently I feel so much more safe with the rollator.

And KatieAgain it is Air Force blue. I am ordering an Air Force decal to put on one of the cross members. I am so excited to have it and I feel much safer.
            Air Force Blue is the best color in the whole World!

I felt the same way you did about the rollater. Once I started using it...life got so much easier.

I am glad you like it!
            Katie
            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
            "My MS is a Journey for One."
            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I think we all feel this way. We are so determined to not use one, that when we finally break down,we think "what was my problem? This is thing is awesome!"

Good going!

Comment

It seems like I was anticipating my MS progression from diagnosis five years ago. I purchased a Go-lite Winnie Walker "just in case" but never used it until this past October. I face-planted and back-of-the-head planted on the same day. Avoiding it's use would end up in a severe disability or death.

Now, I don't know why I waited so long. I've found the bag on the front holds lots of stuff, and I use it to transport items all around the house. I take it to the grocery store and hang those plastic store bags on the handles, so I don't need to take a cart. I told my husband I'm sure I'll soon be called "the bag lady of Seeley Lake."

I also have an Access Active Rollator that I use in the winter and when I might need a seat. With all the snow in Montana, I needed something substantial to get around, and this fills the bill.

Comment

I must say I have really enjoyed mine. I had no hesitation in taking it out in public. I just loaded it up and off I went.

Yesterday while at work it saved me from biting the dust. I had a bad balance day and it saved me from hitting the floor. Best thing I have ever done when I got this.
                  Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
                  Babe Ruth

Comment

I am so happy for you. I have been using a 'rollator' much of this year. It gives me independence that I wouldn't have without it. Good for you. Good luck and keep rolling !

Comment

Working...
                    X