Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/20/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/20/15

Hi Everyone. I was sitting and thinking the other day and my mind wandered onto the topic of why people want to lose weight. The two major reasons seem to be to look better or to be healthier or both. When I started my journey after gaining a lot of weight from medication it was because of wanting to look better. I had not reached an age when health was a major concern. When I decided to lose an additional ten pounds my main concern was health. Wanting to stay at my goal weight now is both for health reasons and to look better. Both are very important to me. I would be most interested to hear what are your main reason or reasons for wanting to lose weight. There may be other reasons of which I have not thought.

Boohoo. The scale went up a pound so I weigh 116 this weighin. I will try to lose a half pound this coming week.

Agate, so glad to see you back. Sorry your new ipad is giving you some trouble. I hope it becomes more comfortable to use as you get accustomed to it. That is just fine that you again stayed the same. Best wishes.

Mamabug, sorry to see that you are discouraged. Unwanted hunger can certainly be a problem. Have you tried eating low cal snacks when unwanted hunger pangs occur? I find my hunger time is when I am fixing dinner. I munch on baby carrots which I find helps a lot. I do hope you find an acceptable solution to the problem. You have come so far. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, I am concerned about you and hope we hear from you soon.

Poohb3ar, I hope all is well with you. I hope drop by before long.

Portia, I am also wondering where is everybody. I hope people have not gotten discouraged. Your loss is excellent. Your steady downward trend is really paying off. I hope you are relishing the benefits of seeing the scale go down. Keep up the good work and you will definitely meet your goal.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

You may be keeping snack food in clear containers.
    You're more likely to eat the food you can see, so storing snack food in clear containers is a recipe for temptation – especially if the treats are at eye-level.

Solution: Out of sight, out of mind.

Store high-calorie, high-fat and high-sugar snacks in opaque containers and keep them inside the pantry instead of on the counter. The Google office in New York tried this method – and it worked, reducing their caloric intake from candy by 9 percent in just one week, Fast Company reports. Of course the better solution is to not have high calorie snack foods in the first place! But the reality is that some family members buy them despite your best efforts.

Weight loss Results for 8-13-15:

Total Loss:

3 pounds by two members. Good for us. We are the ones setting a good example this week. Let’s hope that translates into others losing in the coming week. .

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. Posting gains is truly worthwhile. It is a sign that the process of losing weight is being taken seriously. It is a warning to others that gains can happen. I hope people are not avoiding the painful truth.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3741.7 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 275 pounds to reach two tons. That is truly awesome.

Gained 2.4 lbs

8/20: 131.4 lbs
    8/6: 129.0 lbs

Still discouraged. So tired of needing to diet, just to maintain, and unable to lose. Everything is so much harder after menopause.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry!

Sorry for not checking in sooner! I certainly didn't mean to worry anyone! Surgery back in July went well. Pre-op was a little rough because they were backed up and I ended up with a migraine before they took me back. I ended up having to just have the epidural--no sedation because of it, but they played some good 80's tunes during surgery.

Recovery has gone well--less pain than last time, but still trying to take it easy. Have actually ended up dealing with more back pain than anything else and started seeing a chiropractor which has helped tremendously. My parents were here for about 2 1/2 weeks and just left on Friday so I didn't get online a lot during that period. I spent a lot of time swinging on the front porch and visiting!

I don't recall what I was before surgery. But I think I'm holding steady right around 210. Which considering that I haven't been too active is okay. I just started back to walking yesterday and today I got in 2.4 miles with my daughter. So, it's a start and I'm feeling pretty good afterwards.

I'll try to be more regular in checking in. Thanks for continuing to try to check up on me--I really appreciated it!

Comment

Still at 116 but doing more walking now that the weather has finally cooled off a little. For many weeks it was just too hot to walk outside.

On a good day I get out with my walker (it has wheels in the front) and walk for about half an hour.

I can maintain my current weight if I eat about 1300 calories a day. To lose I have to reduce the calories intake to 1000-1200. I'm working on it.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

I want to join your weighloss group

I'm at 158 and I need to lose weight! I have started walking and I am encouraged by that. I need to keep healthy for myself and my family. The extra pounds are not good. I'm hoping to get in the lower 120s.
          Be Blessed
          DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by abidingjones View Post
            I'm at 158 and I need to lose weight! I have started walking and I am encouraged by that. I need to keep healthy for myself and my family. The extra pounds are not good. I'm hoping to get in the lower 120s.
            Welcome to the club abidingjones! You can take my place - I had to stop for a while while I figured out some problems I was having .

For any interested it was determined that it was NOT gluten intolerance (which I could have told the dr. if he had listened, but nice that tests confirmed it). His 'official' dx was that it was due to meds I am taking (wrong, but since it is gone now ...). IMHO, and I am not a dr or lab tech, recent lab work suggest to me that it was "just" a bad stomach bug that hung around for 6 weeks . But I am now a patient of this gastro, so any other problems should be treated promptly.
            Now to get past the dental work currently undergoing, then I can get back to properly eating .

7/30 - 138.5
            8/28 - 136.5

Comment

Thank you for the welcome

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              Welcome to the club abidingjones! You can take my place - I had to stop for a while while I figured out some problems I was having .

For any interested it was determined that it was NOT gluten intolerance (which I could have told the dr. if he had listened, but nice that tests confirmed it). His 'official' dx was that it was due to meds I am taking (wrong, but since it is gone now ...). IMHO, and I am not a dr or lab tech, recent lab work suggest to me that it was "just" a bad stomach bug that hung around for 6 weeks . But I am now a patient of this gastro, so any other problems should be treated promptly.
              Now to get past the dental work currently undergoing, then I can get back to properly eating .

7/30 - 138.5
              8/28 - 136.5
              Thank you for the welcome! I hope you feel better soon and can get past your dental work so we can encourage each other on this weigh loss journey. Forgive me if I'm not following the right protocol for the message boards, I'm new at this. I'll need some guidelines. How often do we post about weight? Do we start a new thread?
              Be Blessed
              DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

weekly

Shrink Karen starts a thread every Thursday and people post their gains / losses at that time. It isn't necessary to post your actual weight if you don't wish to (but I find it helps me keep track of the numbers).

The latest thread is titled something like 'weight loss check in group for 8/27/15'. The next one should come out on 9/3 (I believe). Just look for them every Thursday.

And good luck!

Comment

Yes; and look for the new thread under Stickies.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by abidingjones View Post
                    Hi. You are more than welcome to join our dedicated group. I post for the new week Wednesday evening so that the process can begin Thursday morning. The most important thing is to choose a day of the week when you officially weigh for the week. Thus the new week will start September 3. Post how much was gained, lost, or stayed the same from the preceding week. I hope we see you there. Best wishes, Karen

Comment

Welcome, abidingjones!
                      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
                      X