New VA scooter!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New VA scooter!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier this week a brand new scooter was delivered. I was a bit surprised the VA actually came thru. My ole GoGo is showing its age and wear and tear. I asked for a lift a couple years ago after tearing tendons in a shoulder lifting it in/out of my car trunk to no avail.

Problem is the new scooter is bigger and HEAVIER and so far no way to take it beyond the yard. I keep in the house and use my ramp to go outside with it. I made a hitch for it so I can pull my garden wagon with it. My new Goldie is nice, but the cane carrier is useless, so I made my own and it works great.

I got a call about a lift, they said hey could NOT fit my car????

Maybe I am stuck with a great scooter I cant take anywhere or maybe he VA will consider a grant help getting a suitable vehicle.

Gomer aka Sir Falls-a-lot

This is awesome news gomer!!

Check out this link fr grants on purchasing a van through Mobility Works. Just click on your state to see what available http://www.mobilityworks.com/financi...nt-assistance/

Another thing you may not thought of - could you call your local transit company and try to hook up with the buses that transfer folks with disabilities to different locations. They have lifts and trained drivers who will assist you.

So glad for you that you got your new Goldie scooter!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks Seasha....FORGOT about that!

We do have a local service that does that and I hear the cost in minimal. Reservations have to be made a least 24hrs in advance. Not the most convenient return trip wise.

Gomer

Comment

Working...
      X