I have been EXTEMELY sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello KatieAgain,
    I'm sorry to hear you are so ill. Someone suggested calling an ambulance. I think that's great advice and may be one way around the Obamacare issue. Right now I too am suffering with an illness, other than MS of course. I don't have the vomiting but I do have nausea from time to time. I have another bad case of bronchitis. I also have another viral infection of some type. If all that weren't enough I have either pulled a muscled or cracked a rib from such severe coughing.

I share this with you to let you know someone else is suffering too and it's not worth ending your life. You have been there for me more times than you can imagine. I consider you a cyber-friend and I hate to see you suffering. Call 911 and catch a ride on the ambulance, who know it just may work for you.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Comment

Katie,

I haven't posted here in ages but peek around from time to time and when I do, your posts are always ones I click on. Why? Well for starters, your posts are always thought out and well written. You know how to balance information, empathy and humor in your writing. I can tell that you are someone I would love to hang out with and have a beer with or sit down and sew a quilt with in "real" life.

I'm so very sorry to hear that you have been so ill but glad to know you are in the hospital and hopefully getting some answers soon. Pleased to hear that your family is around you as well.

This disease sucks, pisses me off and makes me sad but at least here, we have folks who understand. Nothing more to say but take care sweetie, and sending you prayers, good vibes and a cyber hug.

Jackie
      Meet me in a land of hope and dreams. -Bruce Springsteen

Comment

Hello Everyone

Wow...so many responses and caring thoughts. You are all great.

Well...they discharged me from the Medical Center. The problem is with the Gallbladder. No stones, but it is not functioning and releasing the bile. And I mean not at all. Gallbladder Failure. Good thing it is an organ I do not really need.

I still need to have a couple more tests on an outpatient basis...just in case there is something else too...but we doubt it. Will be having surgery next month and we only want to go in once.

They were able to stop the vomiting. I am on major meds for the Nausea.

I will say the majority of Doctors I saw immediately said that it was MS. It wasn't. Every Nurse I had said it was the Gallbladder. It is. LOL. I guess my point is the minute a doc finds out you have MS...they blame this monster for everything.

I am not as depressed as I was because I have a diagnosis now...and my doctor's attention. I also realize that this will be taken care of in the near future...and I am just going to have to suck it up for awhile.

If anyone wants to lose a few pounds...a bad gallbladder will do it. Currently 15 pounds down and counting.

Again, thanks to all of you for your support...I really needed it.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I just saw your post! OMG...so glad you are finally getting some answers.

It is so tiring when all the Drs want to do is blame the MS. Truly a frustrating situation.

I had my gallbladder out years ago when my PCP found a golf ball stone during a routine exam. I immediately requested they remove it to avoid what you are going through.

You are amazingly strong and I hope you realize this!! I wish you the best and will look for updates from you.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
            Hello Everyone

Wow...so many responses and caring thoughts. You are all great.

Well...they discharged me from the Medical Center. The problem is with the Gallbladder. No stones, but it is not functioning and releasing the bile. And I mean not at all. Gallbladder Failure. Good thing it is an organ I do not really need.

I still need to have a couple more tests on an outpatient basis...just in case there is something else too...but we doubt it. Will be having surgery next month and we only want to go in once.

They were able to stop the vomiting. I am on major meds for the Nausea.

I will say the majority of Doctors I saw immediately said that it was MS. It wasn't. Every Nurse I had said it was the Gallbladder. It is. LOL. I guess my point is the minute a doc finds out you have MS...they blame this monster for everything.

I am not as depressed as I was because I have a diagnosis now...and my doctor's attention. I also realize that this will be taken care of in the near future...and I am just going to have to suck it up for awhile.

If anyone wants to lose a few pounds...a bad gallbladder will do it. Currently 15 pounds down and counting.

Again, thanks to all of you for your support...I really needed it.
            I'm sorry I didn't read through all the posts before I wrote. (moderators feel free to delete my past message).

Hurray! It's not the MS monster!

Comment

What a relief to have a dx- good thing you kept on advocating for yourself.

I think you may have a dietary change without a gallbladder- something to do with fats. I bet pintrest has lots of posts with recipes.

May you feel like yourself again, without meds, pronto.

Comment

Katie Glad that you are not wrapped around the toilet anymore and ANGRY that they were not able to administer these meds from the jump. I was worried that your liver functions were being affected from the Tysabri. I detect that your mood is up a bit. . hang in there we love you!

Comment

Originally posted by dyin_myelin View Post
                  Katie Glad that you are not wrapped around the toilet anymore and ANGRY that they were not able to administer these meds from the jump. I was worried that your liver functions were being affected from the Tysabri. I detect that your mood is up a bit. . hang in there we love you!
                  Indeed we do! So what are they going to do with your gall bladder, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                    Indeed we do! So what are they going to do with your gall bladder, if you don't mind me asking?
                    Thanks everyone! I am on meds now that make it "somewhat" tolerable.

I am already on a very low fat diet, so there won't be much change in that.

Think-The Gallbladder has to come out...there is really no other option, because there does not appear to be any stones...but there is at least one polyp. Gallbladder failure without stones is a little more serious because it apparently can rupture. When is the surgery going to happen? The sooner, the better. I will probably find out this week.

They have told me when the Gallbladder goes bad without stones...there might be a secondary issue...hence the additional tests. I am just hoping the Pancrease has not been affected.

Dyin-Yes...my mood is better, not the best, but better. This is the first time I have been "Non-MS" sick since my Dx. And when the meds wear off...it is a little bit miserable. Actually it is a lot miserable. Nausea X 50.

Again...Thanks to all of you. I you all too. I will let you know what happens.

Oh...BTW...although this is considered a " Non-MS" issue...the docs have told me that MS certainly could have been an issue in causing the malfunctioning of the Gallbladder. I don't believe them. They can blame whatever...I just want it out of me.
                    Katie

Comment

Yay!

It stinks that you're sick at all but I'm glad you got an answer. You've been such a light on this board and you've helped me through some crappy times, so though lots of us lurk and don't write I want you to know that you are appreciated by SO MANY of us! I like to think that for every person who writes a note of appreciation there are 10 thinking it.

Sending you tons of hugs and praying for a full recovery.
                      "It matters not how strait the gate,
                      How charged with punishments the scroll,
                      I am the master of my fate,
                      I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
                        It stinks that you're sick at all but I'm glad you got an answer. You've been such a light on this board and you've helped me through some crappy times, so though lots of us lurk and don't write I want you to know that you are appreciated by SO MANY of us! I like to think that for every person who writes a note of appreciation there are 10 thinking it.

Sending you tons of hugs and praying for a full recovery.
                        Thankyou for your kind words. I really appreciate it.
                        Katie

Comment

I'm so glad you are starting to feel better, Katie and that your doctors have some answers for you.

God bless you.
                          Seattle, WA
                          Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
                          Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Having a plan helps.

I'm really glad that everything is in motion for you Katie. My scope showed polyps in colon removed and benign ( no connection to constipation).

My esophagus has had major deterioration in three years. My Gastro (New) ordered antacids and wants a swallow study. Why? I already know I have esophageal dysphasia and a neurogenic bowel.
                            The scope was to rule out anything else.

I was able to finally do pureed soup and smoothies. Now I'm back to square one, if it's not a thin liquid it comes right back up. Stomach spasms start a chain reaction and I'm dealing with multiple symptoms. The pain is indescribable. Back to codeine every four hours.

I don't believe my gastro is versed in MS. I made an appointment with her rather than submit to a swallow study. My Neuro thinks a swallow study is a waste of time.

I am so tired.

Peace,
                            Anna

Comment

Hi Katie,

Just checking in. I was wondering how you are feeling and if you have had your surgery. I hope there were no issues with the pancreas.

Saying some prayers.
                              Kathy
                              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                                Hi Katie,

Just checking in. I was wondering how you are feeling and if you have had your surgery. I hope there were no issues with the pancreas.

Saying some prayers.

Thanks.

It has taken some time to sort things out. It was decided to go with a Specialized Surgeon vs. a General Surgeon. I meet with him next week. Then I should have surgery by the end of the Month.

The Gallbladder is being taken out and the Pancrease is going to be looked at and if necessary biopsies. The Gallbladder is being biopsied as well because we already know there are Polyps.

This turned into a really big deal. Neuro is standing by with Steroids...just in case. I think we are both surprised there has not been a flare. To be honest...I have had surgery before, but not major surgery. Sort of scared...mostly of pain. This is most likely not going to be done Laporoscopically. Major Scarring here.

I will let y'all know how it turns out.
                                Katie

Comment

Working...
                                X