Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MISSING TIME/TIME TRAVELLING

Not sure what's going on.
    I can be watching a video on you tube and suddenly I realise the video went quiet and when I hear it again I missed a chunk of the video. a few minutes.
    The other day I looked at clock at 13.25 next time I looked was 15.00.

not sure if I am nodding off or what, anyone else????

I don't have a clue as to what you have going on. I am not surprised that this happened . MS is funny like that. Just be glad that you weren't driving at the time. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by highlandmck View Post
      not sure if I am nodding off or what, anyone else????
      You very well could be! Are these two examples the only time you've noticed this happening? I'm thinking it sounds like narcolepsy, but I really can't say as I don't have a medical background. Read this link from the NIH and see what you think- http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/n...narcolepsy.htm

I was also thinking of an early epileptic episode where one can lose sense of time for a few minutes. But sleeping for an hour and a half doesn't fit that definition, unless you had an episode and slept afterwards - which happens.

I'd be careful while driving, cooking and other activities where you could jeopardize your safety. You also might want to inform your Dr if this happens more often.
      Take care!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        You very well could be! Are these two examples the only time you've noticed this happening? I'm thinking it sounds like narcolepsy, but I really can't say as I don't have a medical background. Read this link from the NIH and see what you think- http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/n...narcolepsy.htm

I was also thinking of an early epileptic episode where one can lose sense of time for a few minutes. But sleeping for an hour and a half doesn't fit that definition, unless you had an episode and slept afterwards - which happens.

I'd be careful while driving, cooking and other activities where you could jeopardize your safety. You also might want to inform your Dr if this happens more often.
        Take care!
        It does sound a lot like that, fortunately I can no longer drive so no issues with that.

I get 4-6 hrs sleep per night, my bed well this link is my transport and my bed for past 14 months....

until we get hse sold and get a 1 level housing, everything upstairs.
        MS happened oh so fast, dxd 2011

ty for info take care also

** Moderator note: URL removed did not work/ against guidelines**

Comment

I hope this episode is just a fluke and not something that continues. If so, please let your Dr. know - OK?

4-6 hr sleep a night? It doesn't sound like you're getting enough total rest!

I hope you can sell your home soon too
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Have you been screened for sleep apnea? My friend used to lose time - it was hundreds of "micro sleeps" during the day as he was so tired. He'd been sleep deprived for so long he was used to it. He has a C-pap niw and feels much better, and no more missing time. Either way, check with doc if happens more.
            RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Working...
            X