Angry at the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry at the world

I am currently not a very nice person to be around. I don't have an 'official' diagnosis of MS but have been told that I will be diagnosed with MS in the future.

At the moment I'm feeling really angry at everyone and everything. I went to university so I could get a good job and do okay financially. Instead, this horrible monster of bad health has come into my life and I really don't know how to deal with it.

It's not fair that I can have a great day, but be so tired I can hardly move the next day. I'm taking several different pills to control horrific neuropathic pain and they all have various side effects. I've recently stopped one of them as it killed my sex life but now I feel like the dog's breakfast and don't want any action in the bedroom anyway.

I had recently thought about going back to my profession but when I logically think about it, I realize it's just not possible as all of the energy I have is spent looking after our children and doing the housework.

I'm one seriously angry bear at the moment.

Normal

Grief stinks and you are right now in the anger phase. And it is so completely normal. You will go theough different parts of it at any time.

For me, I cry. Not today, but a few weeks ago I was really bad. All of us go through different feelings and we are the ones who understand. Everyone's journey is different. I hope today that you somehow find some peace, even if for just a few minutes.
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

You have every right to feel angry, you will get through this and get your life back. It will be different with MS, but your life is still yours to Live.

You will smile again and quite possibly get back to your career.

I'm pulling for you.

Comment

You don't say how old you are, but it sounds like you went to university in recent years, so you may still be young. That must make acceptance extra difficult.

Previous comments offer some wisdom. It's normal to experience grief, and yes, you will smile again.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to find something to keep yourself productive. Spend time with a hobby, or cultivate a new one. Consider volunteering, either in your career field or in something you've always wanted to try. Go for walks or find another way to exercise. Start a friends' movie night or related coffee date. Whatever.

Allow yourself to grieve. That will take awhile. But don't spend too many days at a time wallowing, even during your time while you grieve your losses.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

When I am going through a difficult time in my life that I can't do anything about I get out in the garden and plant some flower seeds. I may not be able to fix the bad thing that has happened to me but I will have something to look forward to. By the time the flowers bloom I am feeling more hopeful about life and, on top of it, I have flowers!

I understand the rage you must feel. I was in your shoes a few decades ago. I had a career that I loved and had worked very hard for.(7 years of university and 10 years of internship) it was cut short by a neck injury that left me permanently disabled. I had a child to take care of and I couldn't even do that very well.

You are not alone. But it will get better. Do the most you can for your children right now. They need you.

Comment

I'm right there with you. I feel lonely, but I really shouldn't be around people because pretty much everything anyone says angers me. Even when people are trying to be nice, I just can't take it. Being at work is really hard because I have to hide my feelings but it's so hard not to burst into tears all the time. I hope this doesn't last forever.

Comment

Working...
            X