YESTERDAY WAS A DAY FOR FALLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YESTERDAY WAS A DAY FOR FALLS

As I do every morning I get up go to kitchen to get a glass of water. As I got to the kitchen the next thing I know I had fallen and hit my head on the corner of the wall. It all happened so fast I do not what really caused it such as dizziness or weak legs. Well I picked myself up and had to use the restroom.

I go to the guest bathroom and the next thing I know I fell backwards slamming the back of my head against the wall. Again it all happened so fast I don't know what caused the fall. All I know is they were both hard falls and scared the day lights out of me.

I was home by myself as I am the last one to leave for work. I called my DW and I couldn't tell her what happened it all happened so fast. Needless to say I stayed home for the day but came to work today. Today I'm in a fog and dizziness comes and and goes. So far it has been a rough day.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

What a terrible day! If you continue to have dizziness you should seek medical care to make sure that you don't have a concussion.

I hope you feel better! Also, you need to find out why you fell, so that you can take preventive measures.

(((HUGS)))

Comment

That sounds awful! I hope you get over the dizziness and fog soon.
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Waydwnsouth1, you hit your head twice and you're dizzy a day later.

You can tough it out or you can get it checked out by your doctor. It might only be a concussion, but it might be worse.

When it comes to head injuries, I'm always reminded of the tragic case of actress Natasha Richardson. She fell while she was skiing and hit her head while not wearing a helmet. it appeared to be a minor incident. She thought she was fine and refused medical care. Only a few hours later she was dead from a brain bleed.

You can see your doctor about it, or not.

Comment

Amen to all advice above. Hitting your head hard is never good, even if you feel okay afterwards.

I am not, obviously, a doctor, but if you are still feeling dizzy a day or two later, I'd say you have concussion.

Off/on topic:
          Have you got a rollator? I have minimal balance, and it is useful to have something stable to cling to.

Walls were good, but they're not mobile. And the number of times I've grabbed a chair, only to find myself looking at the ceiling, well...

Comment

That is awful! I agree with others to see a dr. and I hope you feel better soon.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
            X