an update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an update

Like I'm so important I need to give an update but for what ever reason I've been feeling better the last few weeks. The balance issues have gotten much better although I'm not to back to pre, before this mess happened, better but I am better.

All of my symptoms are still present but they are less intense especilly the tingling and vibrating legs after waking and I'm doing things close to normal, especially my job and I'm able to drive without fearing that I won't make it from point A to point B in one piece. It just feels more normal. I can't even put my finger on what's better but all symptoms feel better over all.

The weird head/eyes, sensory processing is pretty much gone. Thank God. I don't have that feeling that my brain is liquefying anymore. I feel clear headed and not really fatigued either.

The spasticity I have in ribs, arms and knees are better but still there so, I have no idea to what I owe this improvement to besides lots of praying and large dose of biotin. I think I was in a "flare" from mid May to just recently that's healing. If I can remain like this and hopefully get better still with NO MORE ATTACKS, I just may be able to make it.

Whether I'm delusional or in denial I don't know but I'm hoping beyond hoping that I don't get any worse. Sigh... This disease is so stressful. But thanks be to God I'm better for now and I'm determined to not get any worse.

Actually...you are that important.

Many of us read all the posts and answer them if we have something useful. But then never hear back about how people are doing.

I think its important to let people know what has happened. Thank-you for letting all of us know.

Glad you seem to be doing better, and yes...the disease is stressful. Buckle up and hold on tight....it is a bumpy ride.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better! It sounds like you're coming out of an exacerbation. I hope you continue to feel better. Keep us informed!

Comment

Yes; it does sound like you are coming out of a flare. I've read some of your other posts, and I think you're hitting the nail on the head. Stress can trigger flares; illness can trigger flares, etc. Even be on the look-out for stress caused by good times, such as anticipating a happy event. I've found that almost 100% of my flares are caused by emotional stress, physical stress related to pain or illness, and, absolutely most of all -- "good" stress.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Thanks for the update.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Don't look a 'gift horse in the mouth' ! I am happy to read your post. Glad to hear some positive news from another MSer ! Good for you !

Comment

AWESOME!!!

Glad you are feeling better!!! Love to hear good news and I know you were having a tough time...which makes this news all the more sweeter
            Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

Well thanks to you all... Yesterday I cleaned my whole downstairs, swept, moped, scrubbed toliet and shower, well you get the picture... I did a lot. (SAD, that this is A) an accomplishment and B) a topic of discussion) and I went to the store, did the usual stuff I always use to do. Ordinary boring life I actually took for granted and I felt okay enough to do. I wasn't fatigued, just the normal worn out to be expected. I did take a half of flexril before bed and this morning I had to get up at 6 to go and get a T spine MRI. I felt wiped out from the flexiril and from the 7am MRI but over all, I'm okay. Like I said, symptoms are all still there but the head thing and balance is better so I'm figuring that isn't permanent but the other stuff may be.

So, the point to this boring story is a question actually, is it bad to over do it even if I feel okay enough to do it? Im pushing myself as a sort of physical therapy. Can it cause further damage or induce a flare? I'm trying to keep to my same routien, to live normally as possible and these are the things I would do, a typical day in the life. I guess I'm trying to let my brain know that things are still the same but I'm worried that I'm stressing the body and it can't take what it use to be able to. I use to paint my whole house before sunrise then go work 10 hours, this was me... I was always tired but I could push myself.

Stress is a biggie for me. I have always been the most high strung person and the way I can get turnt up... I really get worked up. Over the last 5 years when I think of the upsets I have undergone, and how I would get worked up, its no wonder I have black holes.

So I'm worried now. I've had a few people since learning of my MS upset me. Just this weekend my sister, who is supossed to know better, caused both me and my husband some serious upset. We had to call the police because she had my 13 year old daughter at a location we had no knowledge or of nor gave her any permission to bring her and she was planing on driving her home drunk, on some dangerous roads. So, after we got the location (mind you, we were playing bingo trying to relax and enjoy some semblence of a life) we called the police and made our way over there ( keep in mind, I had a long talk with her about how I cannot be upset any more). When we arrived, her boyfriend (a man I don't know from Adam) along with a bunch of other total strangers holds my child behind a chain link fense and refuses to give her to us.

So needless to say, I went insane, I was already insane when learning she wanted to drive drunk with her and was planing on her sleeping over this strange man's apartment. I swear, I thought my husband, who my sister knows I'm worried about his heart health, I thought was going to have a heart attack when this boyfriend yells at our daughter to go inside the house and that she's not going with us. This boyfriend is lucky he didn't get laid out on the pavement. You dont tell a man you don't know he cant have his child ?!?

The police did show up and it took the cops 2 seconds to tell these low lives to give us our child. I was going to press charges but the cop literally stops me mid sentence and says there's been a shooting near by and he has to go... Yeah, this is the type of neighborhood they brought my daughter to.

When we got home, lucky for me I have a Valium because my poor husband needed one bad, we both needed it, as he was having chest pains. He's been under so much stress and now with me and MS, he's really stressed as well and this witch doing what she did knowing our situation. I wish I could say it ended there but it didn't after text all night and no sleep I thought for sure I was going to not able to walk and talk but low and behold I didn't feel bad, even went to 6 pm Mass in which I drove myself on no sleep and stopped off at store on way home. Then the next day when I woke still feeling better, I get more text from this lunatic so I called police to see what I can do to get her to stop because I'M SICK... Anyway she finally stopped because the cop called her and told her to back off.

This is a perfect example of the typical stuff I deal with regularly. No wonder I have MS if stress is a factor. So I hope once the dust settles I don't have a relapse because of this. Looking back over the last few years it would be a couple of months after a drama event such as this I would have a flare of some sort and yes, there have been many episodes that were even worse than this, this is typical and I have got to learn to avoid this drama at all cost but its not that easy.

I have no idea why I'm sharing this except to get some advice and some feedback. How damaging is this on persons with MS? What can I do to minimize triggers? And, no, I will never have any relationship with this sister again. Clearly she doesn't get the severity of this disease.

Is it common to encounter people like this, who just don't get it?

Comment

Hi Shel67,

I am glad you are feeling better to, and think you should never feel strange about giving an update! It's good to hear how others are doing!

I really am not sure about your question: If you overdo it/push yourself when you 'are' feeling well if that is bad or might make symptoms more likely to come back. I'm also still new at this. I 'think' if you are feeling good though, you should try to use whatever energy you do have. (But ease up on yourself if you feel you could use a rest or break).

Stress is a terrible thing. I find I am most stressed over work related incidents and health--my health, pets' health, family members' health.... Family and family situations/dramas can also be definite stressors. I think that Mamabug's point was also really good--even the 'good' stress is stress which our bodies may react to.

I am working on ways to keep my stress levels in check. It is hard.
                RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
                (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
                Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Working...
                X