Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone experiencing these symptoms with Tysabri?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone experiencing these symptoms with Tysabri?

I was started on Tysabri on August 2014. 4 months later I have experienced bilateral knee pains. I have seen a rheumatologist, it wasn't a rheumatological condition. The neurologist investigated if I was developing antibodies against Tysabri and all the investigations were negative. The pain subsided. I have been experiencing increasingfatigue, muscle pain and on & offknee pains but was able to walk. I have finished 12 infusions in July 2015. Forthe last 2 months, I am suffering from severe knee pains, severe muscle pain ofmy thighs and arms, I can’t walk. I am fatigued all the time now … I was wondering if anyone was experiencing thesesymptoms and if anyone has stopped Tysabri because of these symptoms.
    Diagnosed with RRMS March 2013
    Started on Gilenya May 2013
    Switched to Tysabri August 2014

Yes, but it is not my knees.

I have off and on periodic pain in my limbs. However a few months ago, I had pretty severe bilateral pain in the ankles and hands.

Since RA runs deep and wide in my family tree along with other AI Diseases, they had to rule out Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. Anti-bodies were checked on me as well...all good.

This can be a symptom (It is a listed symptom) of Tysabri and if it is exceptionally bothersome, you should talk to your Neuro. However, for me it comes and goes and lasts for a few weeks at a time...so it is something I am putting up with.

I hope it gets better for you.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I think that we both have the same side effect of tysabri.... you are right ...it is listed as a side effect that should improve over time. Unfortunately, its not getting better with me ....will discuss with neurologist .
      Diagnosed with RRMS March 2013
      Started on Gilenya May 2013
      Switched to Tysabri August 2014

Comment

Working...
      X