Walking improvement ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking improvement ??

Has anyone on TY for a long time improved walking? Like gone from needing a walker to able to use a cane?

I'm only on #3 infusion and not seeing any improvement.

Hoping things will change
    toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
    Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

I have not seen this improvement on Tysabri, but I have read and heard of others that have. You need to have up to six infusions before the Tysabri is at full dose within your body. At this point, you will more likely begin to see improvements. I read somewhere that some people on Ty continue to see improvements up to three years after beginning Tysbri.

Improvement on Tysabri is directly related to age and how long you've had MS. The younger you are and the earlier you are in your journey with MS, the greater your changes of improvement. It's all related to brain reserve that provides your body with the ability to heal. Since I was diagnosed at 58 1/2, I knew improvement probably wasn't in the cards. However, my MRI's have shown no new lesions and all known lesions showing no growth, so I'm satisfied. My brain volume is considered "normal" for someone my age, so for me I'm good. My progressing disability is related to damage that occurred before diagnosis.

I hope you do better than I.

Comment

I had 12 infusions ...no improvement ...walking the same ... I have no major disability to start with apart from mild spasticity on the left leg but walking is slow since the diagnosis 2 years ago... my neurologist had promised that my walking will be normal again.....but nothing happened
      Diagnosed with RRMS March 2013
      Started on Gilenya May 2013
      Switched to Tysabri August 2014

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I'm keeping a positive outlook.
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Originally posted by toot2818 View Post
          Thanks for your responses. I'm keeping a positive outlook.
          Hey toot,
          when I started a gal who was in the infusion room with me no longer needed her cane after approx 5-6 infusions.
          I, also, had seen posts from someone who no longer needed a wheelchair.
          Neither happened for me, but I am so grateful for how well I've done.
          Good luck
          Linda

Comment

Working...
          X