Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of you

Hi Loopey,
    Just wanted to let you know I just read this thread and am thinking of you and wishing you the best luck. I hope that everything checks out okay. If there are problems, it is good that you are being proactive and finding out what you are dealing with. I know sometimes it seems better not knowing though. Anyway, I just really want to wish you good luck and let you know that some additional good vibes and prayers are being sent your way.

Mermaid Susan: You've been through a lot too. Hope you continue to be well.
    RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
    (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
    Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Follow Up Sept. 3

The hospital found I had an infection in my stomach from an endoscopy and I am taking heavy duty antibiotics for it which make me really sick. Was referred to an oncologist who I will see on Thursday. He is the same one who did my lumpectomy 5 years ago so I trust him. I am really afraid though. I have been to so many doctors and have taken so many different prescriptions.

This started with a suspicious mass in my colon which they think is nothing bad. But during an ultrasound of my abdomen I have an irregular lymph node near the site where I had breast cancer. I also have an enlarged ovary (I am 68) and thus the trip to the oncologist for these two things.

I appreciate all the good wishes but wish with all my heart I only had MS to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
        The hospital found I had an infection in my stomach from an endoscopy and I am taking heavy duty antibiotics for it which make me really sick. Was referred to an oncologist who I will see on Thursday. He is the same one who did my lumpectomy 5 years ago so I trust him. I am really afraid though. I have been to so many doctors and have taken so many different prescriptions.

This started with a suspicious mass in my colon which they think is nothing bad. But during an ultrasound of my abdomen I have an irregular lymph node near the site where I had breast cancer. I also have an enlarged ovary (I am 68) and thus the trip to the oncologist for these two things.

I appreciate all the good wishes but wish with all my heart I only had MS to deal with.
        I feel just like you.

I have been through a really rough patch recently too and we just could not figure out what was wrong. Well, they finally did. It was not as serious as they initially thought and the Gallbladder must go because it is diseased...but not by stones. That is why the diagnosis was so elusive.

I thought for sure I would have been in a flare by now. But I am not. I made an appointment with the Neuro for after the surgery....just in case.

So I guess what I am saying is...take one day at a time. Every doc I was seeing was leaning more toward Pancreatic Cancer. It wasn't.

I personally think there should be a Federal Law...anyone who has MS can NOT have anything else added to their plate to include the Flu, Shingles, UTIs, or Disgruntled Spouses.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank You

Thank you Katie. You made me laugh with your comment on Federal Law and that made me feel better.

Comment

How are things going? KatieAgain is right, should be a law against getting more than one crappy disease.

Comment

Follow Up

I am so sick of different doctors and tests. However, I have agreed to a CT scan and probably removal of my ovaries. After that I should be in the clear if nothing terrible shows up and then (at least for a while) all I will have to deal with is MS which is terrible enough.

Comment

All my very best wishes to you. You have a hard row to hoe. It will be all right.

Comment

Working...
                X