Eye twitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye twitching

My left eye has been twitching on and off for 4 days. It's the same spot, too left section. I have slept, so I don't think it is just because I'm tired.

How do I make it stop?! 😲
    ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

Girrrrlllll

I am queen of the eye twitch right now. Started at my bottom lip on and off. The it moved to my top lip. Then under my eye. It was intermittent, then it was non stop. I've been researching like crazy and was told it's something called hemifacial spasms.

Yours may go away in no time! It's been 4 weeks for me and I'm now taking carbamazepine 3 times a day and I have no twitching anymore. I stopped taking it one day last week to see what would happen and it started up again almost immediately. I read online that this lasts anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months for some people. So annoying! I hate taking (ANY KIND OF) meds but that twitch was too much.

.....and if I have even one glass of wine the twitch picks up again big time. Boooo!
    "It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Piper --

Yes; eye twitching is one of those annoying symptoms that is likely related to MS. I haven't experienced it, and, I don't have any tips for making it stop, other than calling your doctor.

In MS, meds are often used for a number of different things.
      1. One type of meds are the DMD's (disease modifying meds), such as Avonex, Betaseron, Copaxone, Rebif, the oral ones, Tysabri, etc. These are not designed to control symptoms, but to reduce the severity and fx of MS flares and to delay progression of the disease.
      2. Steroids are often used to treat MS flares. They do not change the course of the disease, but, in many cases, they can reduce the length of the flare and the symptoms you are experiencing as a result of it.
      3. Symptom management for some symptoms can be managed with meds; I don't know if there is a specific med that can help with this.

Hopefully,
      • you are on a DMD. That won't help specifically with the eye twitching, but is a good idea, IMO.
      • your doctor can identify if the eye twitching is the result of a flare, and, if it is, whether a steroid would be a good option for you to consider.
      • if you are not in a flare, your doctor might be able to recommend a med to help with the eye-twitching symptom that you are experiencing.

Best wishes, in managing this.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I am someone else that gets that annoying sx. I don't know how to make it stop. My last episode lasted a month.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Try not to attribute everything to MS. Eye twitching is a very common symptom of stress. Eventually, it will go away. The more you focus on it, the more it'll continue.

Comment

I have an eye that twitches as well and, for me, it is usually the first sign that my trigeminal neuralgia is going to act up. It is also the last symptom to leave.

Comment

Working...
            X