Wrong to enjoy life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevvian View Post
    Yup. There are days when what gets to me isn't the MS; it's the fact that because of the MS, I feel like I have to work twice as hard as long as possible.

That's when I get ice cream. Ice cream reminds me to enjoy moments, not years! I can't plan the years, but darn it--it's lovely outside and I'm on the patio! And the bugs I feel crawling up my legs aren't even really there.
    I"m enjoying my life right now laughing at trevvian's bugs that aren't really there.

Comment

Originally posted by trevvian View Post
      Yup. There are days when what gets to me isn't the MS; it's the fact that because of the MS, I feel like I have to work twice as hard as long as possible.

That's when I get ice cream. Ice cream reminds me to enjoy moments, not years! I can't plan the years, but darn it--it's lovely outside and I'm on the patio! And the bugs I feel crawling up my legs aren't even really there.
      Love this!!
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I love to complain. Then I go off and secretly enjoy being alive. It's ok to enjoy life. Just don't tell anyone.

Comment

Boymom123,

Definitely enjoy life! Don't ever feel guilty for this...everyone, with or without MS has the right to enjoy life. If a friend had MS, what would you say? Be as kind to yourself as you would to a friend.

It is easy to let MS take over even when we don't have disability. We have constant reminders: taking medicines, tracking symptoms, trying to stay current with research, people asking if we really should be doing that (be in the heat, do physical things, drink a glass of wine, eat something sweet/fatty/with gluten/not plant based, etc..), people always wanting our blood or to pee in a cup, take some test, and on and on ...

And if we are more symptomatic and/or progressing, our body joins the party to remind us we have MS. Sometimes it screams it, sometimes just a whisper, but still, making sure it is heard. Some days may be harder to enjoy life than others, but we try to enjoy it to the best of our abilities.

I like that you try to start each day with gratitude. It is a great way to start the day. I have had to adapt to life with MS and make some changes, but I still try to think of 3 gratitudes each morning. Right now, grateful the humidity broke, the bird that flew into the window was just stunned, and the dog slept in! And a 4th, my neighbor just brought over fresh eggs from his chickens...so excited. Hmmm, would be really grateful for an omelet...
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

It was a nice surprise to find this thread. Thank you all for reminding me that it's acceptable for me to enjoy "playing" with the kids even though I'm stuck in this bed. There are parts of my life that suck, but there are still joyful things to discover. And I'm not alone in feeling this way.
            Diagnosed December 20, 2011
            Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
            Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
            Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
            Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

Comment

Enjoying Life

Originally posted by jeannef1 View Post
              I"m enjoying my life right now laughing at trevvian's bugs that aren't really there.
              I love this stream !!
              I too had ice cream yesterday -- just because !
              It was a hot and muggy day and I had been to the mall to catch a great sale on clothes for my grandchild (another joy to celebrated) passed by the ice cream shop and enjoyed myself immensely eating my ice cream cone !!

Enjoy life --- sometimes even the simplest things can bring enjoyment -- attitude is everything !!! No guilt needed !

Comment

Working...
              X