SPASTICITY IN MY BACK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPASTICITY IN MY BACK?

As I sit here writing this the the muscles in my back are stiff as a board. It covers my entire back. The pain is intense. I took a muscle relaxer but that is giving me no relief. I even added a 1mg Xanax along with the 10mg Flexiril. Still no relief.

At first I considered the dreaded MS Hug, but I am not having trouble breathing.

Has anyone else experienced spasticity in their back? I was once taking Neurontin and Baclofen. I would get more help from a M&M. If you have experienced this what did you take to help relief the stiffness and pain?The Morphine I take for my leg pain doesn't help with my back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
    As I sit here writing this the the muscles in my back are stiff as a board. It covers my entire back. The pain is intense. I took a muscle relaxer but that is giving me no relief. I even added a 1mg Xanax along with the 10mg Flexiril. Still no relief.

At first I considered the dreaded MS Hug, but I am not having trouble breathing.

Has anyone else experienced spasticity in their back? I was once taking Neurontin and Baclofen. I would get more help from a M&M. If you have experienced this what did you take to help relief the stiffness and pain?The Morphine I take for my leg pain doesn't help with my back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    The only thing that helps my granddaughters back is edible marijuana, but it is legal where she lives. She only needs a small bite and her back relaxes enough for her to sleep.

Comment

Hi Waydwnsouth,

Sorry to hear about your back, and that nothing seems to help. There's always the Baclofen pump (I have one), but it's a process and requires surgery. I wish I could say for certain that'd be your answer, but it doesn't do much of anything to help with my back. (Dosing high enough to help my back proved too much for my legs.)

Other than medication, cold therapy might not only help with pain, but spasticity. "Applying cold packs or cold towels directly to affected muscles may provide temporary relief for spasms and stiffness." http://ms-society.ie/uploads/File/Li..._Muscle_02.pdf
      Unfortunately, cold could also make it worse. But, if you find it helps at all, Theramed makes a reusable cold pack called Cryogel in a size good for the back.

I hope you find relief. Best of luck. ,
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I take Baclofen 100mg? 3 times a day and that seems to control my spasms. I wish you well and hope you find relief .

Comment

Working...
        X