numbness from waist down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

numbness from waist down

yesterday the whole bottom half of my body has a numb feeling, has anyone else had this happen?
    "The hard road and
    the easy road sometimes cross
    and where they do
    the ground is holy"
    native american saying

Hi teeny1,

has anyone else had this happen?
    Yes, I have.

Numbness from the waist down (including the girlie parts) is one of the many symptoms I had at the time of diagnosis. I have had this happen four other times and several times with just the girlie parts.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

thanks Snoopy. I guess I am just surprised it is not just on one side, glad I'm not just crazy.
      "The hard road and
      the easy road sometimes cross
      and where they do
      the ground is holy"
      native american saying

Comment

Hello teeny1,

Yes, I had a bad flare up and I was numb from the chest down. I had 5 days of IV steroids and it took about a week or more after the steroids before feeling started to return.

Hope you feel better soon.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I have a similar situation as you have except I have what I will call 'dumbness from the shoulders up' ! Hope all goes well with your next episode! Good luck

Comment

Yes, after a bad flare I was numb and burning from the chest on down. I was hospitalized for 5 days on steroids with a big 4 vertebrae long lesion on my spinal cord. That was 4 years ago, I have regained feeling but now everything is hyper-sensitive with added burning from mid-thigh down. Because of the burning/pain I can't walk if I don't take neurontin; I take 600mg 4x/day and I'm able to go about my business somewhat comfortably.

Definitely call your neurologist. Numbness from the waist down that is bilateral could mean partial myelitis...they'll want to check bladder function etc.
            RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Working...
            X