Routine bloodwork after Ty infusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Routine bloodwork after Ty infusion?

I have an annual physical scheduled fort the same afternoon as my next infusion. I work full-time and scheduling these things is a challenge!

Does anyone know if it's OK to have a blood draw for routine bloodwork (metabolic profile, CBC, etc.) within an hour or so after my infusion?

My neuro does routine blood work at the time of my infusion every 3-6 months.
    Linda

Comment

I don't think it will be a problem. I just had an IV infusion of TY and then went to my primary doctor's office for bloodwork. Just had them use the other arm.
      toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
      Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

They do routine bloodwork on me prior to every infusion.

Its just me, but I am not certain a Metabolic Profile should be done immediately after TY because of possible abnormal liver enzymes....the med is being processed by the liver at that time...I don't know. Great question.

You might be able to ask your PCP to fax the labwork over to the infusion center for blood to be drawn prior or ask for a blood draw the day prior to the infusion.

I just think if there is the slightest chance the results could possibly get skewed...I personally would not do it.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X