Forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgotten

Does anyone here feel that they have been forgotten by family and friends?

I have tried to reach out and initiate contact with family members and friends via email or phone but lately no one is responding.

Does anyone here experience this?

A common thing

Yes, I have days like that every once in a while, where I feel like I can't reach anyone and nobody is calling back etc.... But to be honest, I think every human being has days like that. Some days I don't answer my own phone because I'm caught up in something else. It's definitely not personal, it's just life It doesn't mean other people don't care, they are just busy at the moment.

Comment

Yes – frequently

I try to stay focused on the few people who don't seem to be scared away by my illness, or are generous enough to keep me in mind in their busy lives. I also try to make sure that I keep these good people in mind despite how I'm feeling.

I've decided that anyone who abandons me or is afraid of what I'm going through can no longer be part of my life. Luckily I have two cats and a dog who consider me the most normal human being that ever operated a can opener so I don't often feel lonely without them around.

Comment

My immediate family ... NO
        Friends...YES
        I always told my boys growing up that you will be able to count your true friends on one hand.

Comment

Thanks to those who have responded, people are busy and I shouldn't take it personally.

Comment

Yes, I have noticed that those people (friends) that have some experience with chronic disease, in the various forms) are able to keep me in their worlds. Those friends that have never had anyone close to them with chronic illness, are not readily available to me, these days. Dems da brakes ! Ya know?

Comment

Working...
            X