Immune suppression drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immune suppression drugs

My neuro talked about starting me on an immune suppression drug. What is your experience on them and which one did you think helped the most?

Are you having a relapse or are you discussing starting on a disease modifying therapy (DMT) to slow progression?

If a DMT, there are some drugs that are immune system modulators and some that are actually have an immune system suppressant component.

Do you have any idea what your doctor was discussing?
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I'm on Cellcept

Off-label for MS--it's an anti-rejection drug for recipients of donated organs. Prescribed by neuro at an MS research clinic/lab.

I hadn't gotten much response from any immunosuppressing MS drug for many, many years. I have SPMS and I'm utterly excited about this one. It works! Was full-time in wheelchair, now rollator (mostly sitting but also walking). I'm flirting with idea of sometimes using cane in one hand, kitchen counter with other. Will discuss with PT.

Anybody in similar situation should ask their neuro about it.

Comment

You can look at the medications forum here is a direct link to that forum, http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...amp-Treatments
        I hope you find what you need here, There is a lot of good information to be found here
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X