Old symptoms come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old symptoms come back?

So, quick question. My symptoms are sensory, vibrating/buzzing.

at one point, both upper legs vibrated. Then it moved to just right leg and then it went away. This weekend I have been having on and off vibrations in the left leg again - i explain it as a much lesser version of what I felt before and not consistent like it was before.

Is this a new flare, or just remnants of what was before? Thanks for your help!
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Hi Boymom123,

Since it's inconsistent it would not be considered an exacerbation (relapse, attack, flare-up). Sensory symptoms can come and go like you are experiencing.

If the vibration/buzzing intensified consistently for more than 24 hours and you were noticing an increase of new and/or more old symptoms then the possibility of an exacerbation is more likely.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I want to say that this seems strange but like everything MS related you are experiencing another fun symptom (one of many, i'm sure). I believe this is one of MS's fun tricks and you are the recipient ! Good luck

Comment

I have that too. Vibrating in my shins. It's lessened but when I walk fast it starts up.

Comment

Not a doctor, but I've got 18 years worth of skin in this game.
          Yes, old stuff does comes back, numb feet, yep back again. To stay this time, I fear.
          My original symptom, a completely numb right hand little finger, has never improved.

In my opinion, and in my experience, pseudo exacerbations are not nearly so benign as people say (usually an alarm bell about things to come).
          If you didn't know you had MS, would you think a day's worth of numbness, anywhere on your body, was naught to worry about?

You know how they test your reflexes by hitting you hard with a little hammer? I can get the same response by gently karate chopping my knee. It'd be funny, if it wasn't so tragic.

Hey ho. Still working, still kind of walking. Yay me.

Comment

Working...
          X