#$ TY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#$ TY

Monday, June 29th I went for my TY infusion. the nurse asked me how I have been since my last one. I told her that I have been having trouble with my balance and walking, couldn't lift my legs to get on Health Rider. She said she wanted me to talk to Lisa, PA before starting the TY. Lisa said that sometimes that happens and she wanted me to do 3 days of IV methylepresonsolone before getting the TY. So Monday, Tuesday and today I had that. I'm feeling much stronger. Monday, July 6th I'll have my #4 TY infusion.

Has anyone else had this happen?
    toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
    Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

I have just had Infusion #2. Infusion #3 is scheduled for July 16.
    I haven't had 'new' symptoms since being on Tysabri. However, interestingly, I am getting an IV steroid immediately before the Tysabri for my first 3 infusions. (I can't remember the dose, but it runs for about a half hour and then the tysabri runs for about an hour).
    RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
    (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
    Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Teekybird, did the doctor say why you were getting the steroid?

Interesting how they come up with treatments.
      toot

DX 1986 currently on TY

Comment

1st 3 Tysabri treatments with Solu-medrol

Hi Toot 2818 and others!

I've heard of some doctors prescribing benadryl prior to receiving Tysabri initially as well. The Benadryl would make sense in case of an allergic reaction. However, I'm not totally sure that the steroid would help against an allergic reaction. I am wondering if it is perhaps because they think I have any lingering relapse symptoms? It sounded like my doctor does the steriod with the first 3 doses of Tysabri as her regular procedure.

I did look up what I am receiving. It is listed as 250mg of Solu-Medrol.
        RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
        (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
        Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

I go Monday for #4. I'll keep you posted.

Happy 4th of July ! I'm in Milwaukee, WI and they are saying the temps will be in the high 70's. Finally summer.
          toot

DX 1986 currently on TY

Comment

Yesterday I had #4 IV TY. They give me a Clanton before just for any allergic, nurse said hives. I spoke with Lisa, PA. She wanted to know how I was feeling after the 3 day steroid treatment. Good, it worked and now today I may feeling "normal". What ever normal is for me and MS!!

I'll hope for a good month and have #5 in August.

Yesterday the temps were 80+ and muggy. today it's cold-55' Do you think the weather has any affect on MS???
            toot

DX 1986 currently on TY

Comment

Working...
            X