Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will this stupid disease ever level off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MS too....

Shel, like you I am new to MS (only diagnosed in April). I have my good days and my bad days. I don't really have any advice except to say that I think what we are going through is totally normal. We need time to go through the stages of grief, and we need to accept that we may go through grief at different times in our lives. Eventually, we will "live with" MS....meaning it will just become part of everyday life and not all consuming as it is now (at least that is my hope). It's not a journey I would wish on anyone, but I believe with time, it will be the "new" normal for us. I posted about the all-consuming'ness of this disease here a few weeks ago - go read those responses. Hope this helps.
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

Originally posted by shel67 View Post
      One day I feel okay, another I feel like these symptoms are worsening. One day I feel hopeful the next, I wanna give up.

I can't live like this... What can help? How do I do this?
      My therapist calls it "catastrophizing," when I get in that mood where it feels like the whole earth is ending in a major catastrophe. But it's not! What helps me is putting one foot in front of the other (with the help of my Rollator of course, otherwise I go boom and stopping that train of thought that takes me right to the bottom. With time, you get used to the ups and downs and they won't throw you as much.

What also helps a lot is mindfulness training, so I stay centered in the moment no matter what I'm feeling, and feel all of it. It might seem that that would make you feel worse but it actually helps you let go of the feelings that much quicker. And there just are a lot of feelings with MS

Comment

It's depressing to think this is our life now.

Comment

Working...
        X