nerve pain and Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nerve pain and Baclofen

I take Baclofen for spasticity, but am wondering if it also helps with nerve pain? (already taking Neurontin)

let me preface everything I say, by saying that I have absolutely no medical training.

Baclofen will not solve your nerve pain. But, if the pain is caused by spasticity, baclofen may help you. Neurontin is what you need for the nerve pain. I have nerve pain also, but Neurontin lost its effectiveness and now I takeLyrica for it. The Lyrica will help with either diabetic neuropathy or neuropathy caused by MS. I have both and the cause of my neuropathy could not be determined, but it turns out that it did not matter. Best of luck to you
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Curly Girl,

As hunterd mentioned Baclofen (muscle relaxant) is for spasticity and can help with pain related to spasticity. It's help for neuropathic (nerve) pain is questionable. However, I have found that muscle relaxers do help with my neuropathic pain. I don't understand why as some of the pain I experience is neuropathic and not part of spasticity.

So to answer your question:

I take Baclofen for spasticity, but am wondering if it also helps with nerve pain?
      Maybe, maybe not.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X