Tysabri and medications to treat symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and medications to treat symptoms

So I went to take the JVC virus test. We'll see... If I am able to do this medication can other medications to treat symptoms of MS still be given? How much does Tysabri effect the liver? I need to take celexa for all the stress and anxiety I'm feeling along with new found depression . I'm not handling this diagnosis well at all. I need to know can I take other medications with Ty?

If I were you, I'd be asking my doctor all the questions. Or google TY and call drug people directly.

Good luck
    toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
    Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Medication Interaction Checker http://reference.medscape.com/drug-interactionchecker
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

As a general rule, yes. I take 3 other neds to manage symptoms. Drugs you can't take are other immune suppressants like steroids, che no, etc.

But for specific drug interaction, check with you doctor, pharmacist, and the medscape link provided.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Tysabri and other meds

Hi Shel67

Definitely check drug interactions and check with doctor, but there should not be a problem. I'm on a bunch of meds and Tysabri. (escitalopram, zolpidem, lorazapram).
          RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
          (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
          Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Working...
          X