A day to be remembered...or forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day to be remembered...or forgotten

I have never used this forum to vent much, but sometimes things build up, eh? Might as well vent to those who might just understand.

I had a neurologist appointment yesterday, and I showed up on time, dutifully, as usual, but this time it was different. I usually have good visits, somewhat hopeful.

It started when I saw my ex boyfriend in the hallways. The one who left our relationship to go become an x-ray tech. Fine, it threw me a bit, I have to admit it. We all know strong emotions and MS don't mix well.

Next this one nurse asked me to do a 25 foot walking test for the Fampyra. I guess I was still a bit upset because I zoomed through it (with cane) then tripped over my own sneakers and fell flat on my butt. Not a big deal, but I started crying like a baby and couldn't seem to get control of myself for about 5 minutes. The worst thing was that I went to the appointment alone, so there was nobody there that really cared.

The rest of the appointment was unremarkable in that they decided I was stable on my medications and that they wanted to see me in 6 months. That left me feeling sad as well. I "manage" on my medications, but I'm hardly "doing fine". My life feels like a constant obstacle course.

I not feeling sorry for myself, well maybe a bit, but it was not a great day yesterday.

Hello PositiveMS, I am so sorry you had just a bad day yesterday. Seeing an ex-boyfriend can be very upsetting and I am sorry you were alone. Do you have a good support system at home?

Hope you are having a better day today.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Sorry yesterday was not a good day. It is good to vent here. We are here for support. Would like to give you a big hug

I have tripped myself even using my walker. I came into the clinic one winter morning and I tripped on a floor mat. fell flat on my face--boy everyone came running. I laughed and took a minute or so to get up---doctor heard the news too. I was embossed more than anything. I had come in for a IV treatment.

Hope you are having a better day today.
      toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
      Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Hello PositiveMS I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Seeing your old boyfriend, then tripping and falling had to throw you off your game a little bit and you probably didn't get to talk with your doctor they way you may have wanted to.
        I say have a martini and forget it ever happened.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes you need a 'hard hat' to get through the day, week, etc. I am sending you real happy thoughts. I hope you get them! Good luck

Comment

Hey,

thanks guys. It's nice to get some online support. I do have some here, but being a young adult, I live alone. Friends, I have them, but don't get to see them every day. Today was better, a bit, but I've been crying off and on like a faulty faucet. Darn life is rough sometimes.

So thanks for the online hug , and thanks for the positive wishes JerryD. I'll imagine them traveling through the sky to reach me. And I'll send some to all of you.

You guys are great.

Comment

Sorry it was such a lousy day, PositiveMS. This probably won't help, but it could have been worse: you could have tripped and fallen in front of your ex-boyfriend.

Then again, you could have tripped your ex-boyfriend and made him fall. Next time, do that!
              PPMS
              Dx 07/13

Comment

Good point J-Bo. Tripping in front of the ex would have been infinitely worse!

Comment

Working...
                X