Exercise does help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise does help!

I just spent the past week riding behind my DH on a 2-up ATV. Usually getting on and off, and various other "outdoors in the wild stuff" (too much water drinking and needing to find a tree) are difficult.

But because I have diligently been going to a pool and doing water exercising for the past 9 months, I was able to easily do these things. My DH commented how much better this summer is going than in the past, and that he notices how much better I am moving.

So I would encourage all to find some kind of exercise, especially something involving stretching all parts of your body, to keep things moving. I have a day job where I sit and work a lot on a computer. I have a balance ball to sit on, but forget to use it! I also try to go out with my co-workers and take a break and walk around a track for 1/2 to a mile.

Lest you think I'm probably some fitness geek, I am not! I'm overweight by about 50 pounds, and am having digestive issues that aren't fun or flattering. But I'm moving and determined to make the best of this disease!

Now a true test will come in a couple of weeks as we go camping, ATV-ing and golfing in a couple of weeks. If I am able to golf more than 5 holes in a row without sitting one out, I'll be happy!
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Maybe your title should read 'Exercise does help ME!' I did enjoy water aquasizing. But that ended last spring when I began to have real bad stiffness in my right leg and ankle. i am getting PT 2 times a week, in my home. That exhausts me. I say 'good for you' that you can do the exercises that you want to do. I can't and that is 'killing me' ! I thank MS for this 'present'. I wish you well and continued success with your exercise routines. Good luck

Comment

You go!!!
      I keep moving, slowly some days, but I'm moving.
      This summer has been far different from last summer, but I'm not quitting.
      "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
      Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Exercise does help!
        Yes it can, 4boysmom

Glad to hear you are seeing a difference with exercise, it's the only thing (I believe) that has kept me walking. I am currently doing PT twice a week and hopeful that PT will help get me back to a comfortable level of exercising.

Take care and wishing you a positive outcome to your camping/ATVing/golfing trip
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Yes it does! So glad your are able to do so much more. I was riding a stationary bike, now I have a lot of pain in my knee and have not been able to ride and I can tell a difference. You have inspired me to do some kind of exercise.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Been exercising everyday for the past five years. Yes MS has hampered it a little but I still do it every morning even if I have to do my Zumba from a chair.

GO YOU!!! It does make a difference not only for the body but for the mind.
            Give yourself a hug.

Comment

Wow!

You are doing great. My exercise of choice is dancing, which I have been doing in my own special way. You have inspired me to try the exercise bike and the weight machine. Outdoor activities right now are out of the question, as we are having record high temps in NC, and heat is definitely not my friend. I can do more than I have been doing though.

Comment

Working...
              X