Feeling lousy all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lousy all the time

Hi everyone! Okay I was diagnosed with MS in December 2013, so about a year and a half now. I did not start medication right away, but initially I started on Avonex in May 2014. I think the drug worked fine for me, but after 8 months, the side effects after taking the injection every day weren't easing at all, and I decided I couldn't spend a day every single week doubled over with an aching body. So I switched to Ginenya in November 2014. It's the ease of a tablet that I like the most, but I kinda just realised that I'm not happy anymore. I'm tired all the time, I don't want to make plans and everything just feels like such an effort, even sending a text message. I realise that I could be suffering from depression, but my MS doesn't really effect my everyday living, the only time I really think about it is when I take my pill every day. My friends assume that my depression is due to the fact that I have MS, but I know it's not. I'm sorry for this long whining post but it's hard to find someone to understand. Does anybody else taking Gilenya feel this way?

I don't but I think you should discuss this with your Neuro. Or PCP and see what they have to see
    Good luck
    Laurie

Comment

Let me be a committee of one to welcome you to the zany fun that is MS. Keep trying to find a treatment that doesn't have rough negative side effects! Good luck

Comment

tired too

Originally posted by Rachael_ View Post
        Hi everyone! Okay I was diagnosed with MS in December 2013, so about a year and a half now. I did not start medication right away, but initially I started on Avonex in May 2014. I think the drug worked fine for me, but after 8 months, the side effects after taking the injection every day weren't easing at all, and I decided I couldn't spend a day every single week doubled over with an aching body. So I switched to Ginenya in November 2014. It's the ease of a tablet that I like the most, but I kinda just realised that I'm not happy anymore. I'm tired all the time, I don't want to make plans and everything just feels like such an effort, even sending a text message. I realise that I could be suffering from depression, but my MS doesn't really effect my everyday living, the only time I really think about it is when I take my pill every day. My friends assume that my depression is due to the fact that I have MS, but I know it's not. I'm sorry for this long whining post but it's hard to find someone to understand. Does anybody else taking Gilenya feel this way?
        I am on no therapy for 2 years and always feel weak and depressed. Have been on citalopram, but wanted to wean off, feel even more depressed, but if I take it I get sleepy. Doctor recommends the Gilenya. Scared to have bad side effects. Believe me I understand.

Comment

Working...
        X