Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One hot foot, One icy foot!

Hi
    I was diagnosed in 2004 with RRMS. My right foot often gets very red and hot while my left foot gets icy cold and stays its normal colour. This occurs at the end of the day when I'm sitting and relaxed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Trevors:

What does your doctor say about the sensations in your feet? A hot-feeling foot can be attributed to MS, but the redness can't. If you haven't spoken to your doctor about it, it would be a good idea to do that.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My Dr. says I have poor circulation but I was wondering if
      poor circulation is common in MS patients.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevors View Post
        Hi
        I was diagnosed in 2004 with RRMS. My right foot often gets very red and hot while my left foot gets icy cold and stays its normal colour. This occurs at the end of the day when I'm sitting and relaxed. Has anyone else experienced this?
        Yes my left foot is only warm after a walk or after having slept. I just attribute that to much more muscle atrophy in my left leg compared to my right. Never asked a doctor about that (I have had ms for 20+ years and don't bother much with doctors since I cannot remember the last time they actually said anything useful).

When my left foot is ice cold and I am about to go to bed I will go a short walk instead as sleeping is impossible with an ice foot. I have an electric foot warmer for when I sit, but the foot will get cold the second I remove it hence the walking to get the circulation going.

Comment

Working...
        X