Liver Hemangioma and DMTs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver Hemangioma and DMTs?

I guess the gods didn't want me to take a break from MSWorld afterall. Only place I know with this wealth of knowledge. Just wish the gods were a little kinder with their kick in the butt.

I know a lot of the DMT's for MS can affect the liver and are to be avoided if any liver issues. I have a call into my new neuro, whom I just saw a few weeks ago for first time, but he is out today and will call Monday.

Little Background
    1. TSpine MRI showed liver abnormality (mass). Old neuro (who I only saw once after original neuro retire, was going to ignore it, as they are usually nothing).
    2. PCP ordered abdominal ultrasound. Called today, results are liver hemangioma (cluster of blood cells), which is usually benign, and a lot of times, something born with and great, something else they don't know the cause of. But since prior MRIs showed no evidence, it is either new or growing and can now be seen. Will monitor. Further confirmation switching neuro was right way to go.
    3. Last bloodwork in December, still JCV-, liver enzymes fine. Due this month for testing.
    4. Had Tysabri infusion yesterday, and for first time, was really nauseous afterward and felt like throwing up. I was also ill after last month's, but not as strong. According to Dr. Google, nausea can be symptom of the liver mass. Along with a thousand other reasons.
    5. Not on birth control, pregnant, or taking anything that affects estrogen.

Little stressed and was wondering if anyone else is on Tysabri, or another DMT, has a liver hemangioma and can continue taking DMT? If so, which DMT? Is your hemangioma stable or growing? Hoping to get answer before Monday call from neuro, relieve the anxiety some. Don't get me wrong, not overwhelming, retired Dr. Google, but keeps creeping in my thoughts now and then.

Thank for any insight. Great week-end to all. Can't even enjoy the rare glass of wine I was planning for hubby's birthday tonight. Figure Tysabri and liver hemangioma are two strikes for the drink. I may be thick sometimes, but don't want that third strike to nail me.....
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

OK to take Tysabri with Liver Hemangioma

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
    was wondering if anyone else is on Tysabri, or another DMT, has a liverhemangioma and can continue taking DMT?

Just posting my neuro’s response in the event it helps anyone in thefuture. YES, OK to keep taking Tysabriand other meds that potentially can impact the liver. It may have been new machine picked this up,as usually congenital benign condition that cause no problems. MRIs will monitor if any growth and if anygrowth, will explore. Just have to getchecked for internal bleeding if any trauma to that area (fall, car accident,etc…). I didn’t ask, but guess ok tohave that occasional beer or wine.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X