THE HEAT IS ON!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE HEAT IS ON!!!

It's only early June in South Louisiana and the heat index is already 109 degrees. I don't know what's going to happen when our hot month of August gets here.

The heat is already killing me. I can just imagine what the rest of the summer is going to be like. Ughh!!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I hear you ! I'm just west of Philly and it is brutal up here. I am not ready for the heat of July and August!

Comment

Wow! 109 I honestly don't know how you survive, but you must have AC?

It's 86 where I live and unseasonably hot for this time of year - most homes do not have AC either. I open all windows at night when it's cool, then shut them in the am to keep the coolness in. Fans running, cool showers and don't go outside after mornings. Even cooling scarf doesn't help. Feel somewhat trapped inside.

And I used to love summer heat in another lifetime.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Wow! 109 I honestly don't know how you survive, but you must have AC?

It's 86 where I live and unseasonably hot for this time of year - most homes do not have AC either. I open all windows at night when it's cool, then shut them in the am to keep the coolness in. Fans running, cool showers and don't go outside after mornings. Even cooling scarf doesn't help. Feel somewhat trapped inside.

And I used to love summer heat in another lifetime.
        Yep, me too, Seasha!

Gratefully we have one room in the house with an AC unit hanging out the window. Holed up in here (as I probably will be til October) with my computer, tv, and faithful dog. Once my honey gets home from work things will be complete.
        Seattle, WA
        Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
        Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Originally posted by SEAMSGUY View Post
          Yep, me too, Seasha!

Gratefully we have one room in the house with an AC unit hanging out the window. Holed up in here (as I probably will be til October) with my computer, tv, and faithful dog. Once my honey gets home from work things will be complete.
          You described it perfectly. I just pray the AC that is hanging out the bedroom window doesn't give up in August.

Comment

I am north of Philly and my ac has been on at least for a month.........not like last year!!! Where was spring!!??!! When I got out of bed at 6:30am, my body told me it was already humid.......ugh!!
            dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I am one of Jerry's neighbors outside of Philly. Can't imagine the heat in the south. At least here, we get some relief overnight, even if it is roasting again at 9 am.

All I want to know is what happened to the Canadian front that froze us out all winter? It would be great timing for one to make an appearance now!
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I live at the tip of Cape Cod Ma. Although Boston has been in the 80s we have struggled to hit 70 I think we have done that and only barely twice. Right now it is 65 I just checked. It was June and we still had lows in the low 40s and highs barely hitting 50. I think it will soon be changing but I prefer it cool so I am NOT about to complain.
                Stay cool
                Laurie F

Comment

housebound

Between dealing with the heat and mosquitoes, I have become pretty well housebound. I've always been pretty much a homebody, but I'm not liking not being able to even go out in the yard to work on the flower beds or the garden. Not that I'm able to work on them anyway. (sigh) I feel a major pity party for myself coming up here.

Comment

ohhh the 70 degree days!

Originally posted by laurasari View Post
                    I live at the tip of Cape Cod Ma. Although Boston has been in the 80s we have struggled to hit 70 I think we have done that and only barely twice. Right now it is 65 I just checked. It was June and we still had lows in the low 40s and highs barely hitting 50. I think it will soon be changing but I prefer it cool so I am NOT about to complain.
                    Stay cool
                    Laurie F
                    How many guest rooms do you have? You can spend your winters here and I'll come there for summer! Already in cooling vest, pillow in the freezer, and ice in all my critters water. We are waiting on the Red River to get settled down with no more flooding then it will mean days of riding a tractor from sun up til sun down.

Enjoy your cool days and nights. I hope you have a nice mild summer!
                    KC
                    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

This week I'm planning to escape it all by going river rafting. I wish I could do it every day. It's going to be 103 next week. I need to go out and get a root canal done. Driving in a hot car to the dentist doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

I thought my heat sensitivity couldn't get any worse...I was wrong! I'm a/c bound & I still get hot doing just about anything! I walk into a store & start sweating, doing dishes, after a COLD shower...sucks!
                        MS dx's 2000
                        Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

This is my third post but heat is my favorite subject. The only answer I can see is have an MS retreat in the Southern Hemisphere every summer. We could reserve a ski lodge in Brazil or something like that.

It doesn't matter how far north you go anymore. The days are just longer so there is more time for the sun to blaze.

It would help a lot if American cities were built with some awareness of the concept of micro climate. When you have miles and miles of nothing but buildings, hot pavement, parking lots and not a tree in sight, the temperature rises at least 20 degrees. Buildings need to have overhangs to shade the sidewalk, plants need to be planted and trees allowed to grow. Please.

Comment

The heat is killing me. It just makes me so lethargic. You can A/C the room you're in but overall life is hot. I accomplish so much more in the winter (I'm tired then too but it's different). Just the thought of leaving the house in the summer makes me fell queasy (not nauseous queasy but you just feel weak).
                            Dx 1/86 at age 23
                            Copaxone 1993 - 2011 (except when I was pregnant or nursing)
                            Tysabri - 2011 - present

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
                              It's only early June in South Louisiana and the heat index is already 109 degrees. I don't know what's going to happen when our hot month of August gets here.

The heat is already killing me. I can just imagine what the rest of the summer is going to be like. Ughh!!
                              Thank God I'm cold all the time. I'm sitting in Winn-Dixie now, freezing. I don't have the heat issues. But yeah, southeast LA would be a huge problem if I did. I do try not to get overheated just in case but I really think the heat doesn't bother me. The cold doesn't either, at least I think it doesn't. I just get real cold in air conditioner. It doesn't seem to trigger anything but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X