Sorry for all the posts and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for all the posts and questions

I am so sorry I am posting so much and asking questions. This is all still really new to me. My question is regarding symptoms. My symptoms are all sensory (buzzing in different parts of my lower extremities). My question is - some days these symptoms will be pretty much gone and they will go away for a few days. Then they will come back. They are not new symptoms by any means, but they pop back up again. Is this a normal part of the disease - symptoms disappearing and then coming back? I am very careful to track and see if they are new or in a different part of my body, but they are not. They will last for a few days and then go away again etc. Sometimes they will last longer and sometimes they stay away longer. I am ok with them as other than the feeling they don't affect my life right now (thank God). Any insight would be super helpful. Thank you. PS, for some reason on this computer the double return doesn't space out my posts. Please feel free to break them apart for ease of reading.
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Hi: Do not apologize for posting! Questions are what we are here for. We all learn from them. So to answer your question, yes you can have sensory symptoms pop up every few days, every other day whatever depending on what you are doing. If you are somewhere that it is hot, then this could be an explanation. If you have a virus this could be another, or an infection of any type. Stress can cause this to happen as well. Otherwise exacerbations of symptoms happen in clusters and then remit, they don't come and go every other day or two days.

Weakness is the real worry. So far you only have paresthesia. If it progressive to weakness then you need to worry and contact your neurologist right away because you may have a new lesion in your brain or spinal cord.

Best wishes
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Don't feel sorry.

Greetings

I noticed you're going through the same sx as I am. They come and go, and takes me almost a week before I get a small break from my "regulars"....then the darned thing starts over again lol.

I get the "9-volt buzz" sensation now on both legs with aggressive tingling on my upper thoracic region, left sided head pressure, fatigue, and Lhermite's sign. My other sx like my right arm hurting when I move it a certain direction, and a tender right heel never goes away, but I can still work with those too.

I have learned a lot from this site and I also learned I'm not the only person who has MS. It can be annoying.
      Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
        Hi: Do not apologize for posting! Questions are what we are here for. We all learn from them. So to answer your question, yes you can have sensory symptoms pop up every few days, every other day whatever depending on what you are doing. If you are somewhere that it is hot, then this could be an explanation. If you have a virus this could be another, or an infection of any type. Stress can cause this to happen as well. Otherwise exacerbations of symptoms happen in clusters and then remit, they don't come and go every other day or two days.

Weakness is the real worry. So far you only have paresthesia. If it progressive to weakness then you need to worry and contact your neurologist right away because you may have a new lesion in your brain or spinal cord.

Best wishes
        Lisa
        Hello Lisa!
        I wanted to let you know I had my MRI a couple of weeks ago which my T-spine scan came back with only the lesion in my neck, but my brain came back with 3 lesions, and enhancement in the left periatrial region.
        I had 2 enhancing lesions on my right parietal lobe and right cerebellum this past December, but the new scan says they're no longer identified.
        PS: My immune system are a pile of knuckleheads lol
        Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Hi Boymom,

for some reason on this computer the double return doesn't space out my posts.
          To make spaces hit the Enter key twice

Sensory symptoms such a buzzing/vibrations can do exactly what you are experiencing. I wouldn't give it much time or thought.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X