Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biogen's News on new med trials

http://www.msnewschannel.com/2015/05...s-therapy.html
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

very interesting, very promising also. My fingers are crossed.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

that would be great.....fingers crossed!
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

this sounds amazing im in after 16yrs with MS something like this ghives me hope. i will pray on it.

Comment

Yahoo !! Another news piece about something 'promising' in the drug pipeline. So hard to come by !

Comment

Thank you for in the infor. What a wonderful thing it will be if it indeed worked.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

I agree that it will be wonderful if anti-Lingo-1 actually works.

The phase II results are promising, but nonetheless disappointing because none of the secondary endpoints were met. While there was an increase in nerve transmission speed demonstrated by VEP -- which indicates remyelination -- the test subjects showed no increase in visual function. The results were statistically significant but not clinically significant or relevant. So it doesn't matter if a test result showed improvement if the person doesn't get any benefit.

At best, phase II showed proof of concept. We'll have to wait until the phase III trial is over to find out how well it really works.

Comment

Oh.. and the side effects are anal leakage, kidney failure and swelling of the genitalia. Otherwise, Biogen thinks it will be a great drug for the underserved minority MSer population ! lol

Comment

Working...
                X