Had MRIs and EP today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had MRIs and EP today

Well it's done. I'll know something next week.

Would I'd like ask is how much can anxiety, worry, constant upset and crying effect current symptoms.

What kind of help should I seek? Do anti depressants help? I'm really a mess not knowing what each day will bring.

Hi shel~

Yes, any kind of stress or worry can heighten our symptoms! I know it's probably impossible to relax at this time, but it will help. You have a week to get the findings from your MRI and EP, so take this time, if time allows, to pamper yourself. You deserve a mental and emotional break!!

Get a pedicure, manicure, massage, lunch with special people in your life, rent a good comedy movie, find and read a book that you get lost in, meditate, go on walks in nature, get back to your favorite hobby, go shopping for new clothes Do things that will take your mind off your worries and in no time, the week will be up!

If you want to seek help, get a recommended from your pcp for a therapist or psy doctor and make an appt. That is something proactive you can do! You might get a recommendation to start an anti-depressant, but know that it takes some time for them to kick in. If you are really desperate, call your pcp about getting on a fast acting anti-anxiety drug.

I wouldn't spend the week reading about MS, but find something to do to replace the worry. Just my opinion.

Hang in there and let us know what you find out next week.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I wish I felt up to doing any of that. Much of my symptoms are not even being able to stand up and be clear headed enough to do any of that. It's like I'm drunk or high on a drug I can not sober up from

That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out. How much of that is actual symptoms and how much is anxiety/depression.

Comment

Working...
      X