MS Life Expectancy Increases, still lags behind Non-MS people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Life Expectancy Increases, still lags behind Non-MS people

Are numbers are improving and that is encouraging and with newer treatments that trend should continue!

The study found that median life expectancy for people with MS was 76 years, compared to 83 years for those without MS.
    The authors examined the health records of 5,797 MS patients in Manitoba, Canada from 1984 to 2012 and compared them to a matched sample of 28,807 healthy individuals living in Manitoba as well.

Details here:
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/life-expectancy-multiple-sclerosis-patients-rising-still-lower-those-without-it-study-335354

I'd just like quality and could care less about quantity.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Could not agree more, Jules A.

Comment

76 years--not too shabby--especially with good quality of life!

Hi Marco, I want to thank you for posting this. As I said in my thread title, I think 76 years is not too shabby.

I also want to echo Jules A and Thinki'mjob about quality of life.

Oh, I want for all of us doctors who listen and focus on more than the disease modifying meds.

I'm not saying the disease modifying meds aren't a valuable part of care.

But I would like doctors and instead look at the WHOLE PERSON and the WHOLE PERSON'S LIFE and be willing to work hard to treat the symptoms of MS so that the person can have the best quality of life possible--for 76 years or so!

Maggie

Comment

Working...
        X