New Neuro - Some questions and thanks JerryD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Neuro - Some questions and thanks JerryD

After my neuro retired and appointment with someone else in that practice, I needed to find new neuro since I wasn't comfortable with their MS knowledge.

Thanks to JerryD, I had an appt with another neuro yesterday. Overall it went well and reinforced that I was right to switch. He reinforced what my understanding was from original neuro. One thing specifically, that Tysabri can still leave you more prone to respiratory and urinary infections even if your white blood cell count is fine. I have trouble with respiratory infections

The one thing that did get to me is that by MRI, he said my disease burden is light and asked how I was diagnosed. At first, I thought he was going to undiagnose me. But he didn't. Said he agreed, just that I am fortunate.

I do know I am fortunate, troubled more by "invisible symptoms". So I was wondering if he would take me seriously. Thankfully, he did and believes in treating the patient's symptoms, not their MRI.

I am going to start a separate thread with my questions.

Thanks.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Kathy,
    I am happy to accept your 'thank you', although I am not sure what I said that deserves your gratitude. Whatever I wrote, you are welcome to it. I am sure that I wrote something and I hope that it was helpful. All of us need a little 'helping hand', 'all' of the time. And it is 'especially gratifying' to me that you are a 'phellow Philadelphian'! 'The City of Brotherly Love'. That motto stands on its own. Good luck to you and to us all !

Comment

Hi Jerry - you gave me your neuro's name when my new one made me question his MS knowledge.

Thanks again.
      Kathy

Comment

I do think it is very important that the doctor be up on MS. Glad you found one who is. Is the a MS clinic in your area? I'm very lucky that I have a clinic and doctor with MS as a big part of the services. I'm in Milwaukee, WI.

Best wishes,

Toot
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Hi toot,

This neuro is independent. Since outside of Philly, there at least 3 MS clinics that I know of. Two in center city, and one in a surrounding suburb.

I had my 2nd opinion on diagnosis at a big clinic. The neuro who saw me was well known, well published, one of the top at the time. Hecsaw me as a favor to my neuro. But he made me feel like he was not interested in me as a person, just tried to sell me on the clinic.

I figure if I have to find a neuro later, probably will try the clinic route.

Glad you are happy with yours. It is such an important relationship for us.
          Kathy

Comment

Working...
          X