Holy Therapy Batman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Therapy Batman!

I have fibromyalgia in addition to - what I've been told, then told not, then retold is PPMS. I am tired ALL the time - and have been dealing with daily pain for about 15 years. My rheum decided to send me outside the system to a pain therapy center. I was very happy.

They just called me - I have a 3 hour evaluation on June 4 - and then they want me to do 30 days of therapy from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. from 3 to 5 days per week.

Has anyone done anything like this? I'm usually crashed by 1 or 2 in the afternoon - I mean I HAVE to lie down or I can't walk or talk or think anymore. The less rest I get, the more I hurt. The more I use the legs, the less I can use them. Coupled with the fact that this place is 45 minutes away and I can't drive. How in the world do they expect me to do this?

Maybe

Maybe you can contact your doctor, or the therapy group, and explain your situation and concerns. Perhaps they have other options.

I understand how tiring therapy and travel can be, and I hope you can find options that work for you
    Echo
    DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

I think you should ask about what the schedule is during those long hours of PT. I wouldn't be surprised if 'meditation breaks' (or something similar) are part of the program...
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

should show

I would go to show that I could not do it. These people are trained professionals should listen to you and adjust the schedule. The schedule may include the meditation or rest. It may also include some mental ways of dealing with the pain and fatigue.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Thanks everyone - all good ideas. I will ask at the evaluation. I'm also a little worried about how lunch is handled because this place is located in a technology park and I cannot drive... walking is out of the question :/ I considered taking the wheelchair. The manual really wears me out and we have no way to transport the power chair. I better write all this down

Comment

Working...
          X