Famous Faces of Multiple Sclerosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Faces of Multiple Sclerosis

I just saw this on MSN. I wasn't really sure where to post it, I just found it interesting...some people I did and some I never knew had MS:

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclero...4a6d70059dda70

Originally posted by S 31 View Post
    I just saw this on MSN. I wasn't really sure where to post it, I just found it interesting...some people I did and some I never knew had MS:

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclero...4a6d70059dda70
    Reading about all the cool people with MS always makes me feel a little bit better. When I was in my darkest days post-diagnosis, I listened to a lot of Hal Ketchum music. He's still my favorite MSer.

Comment

Yeah, the one that really gets me is Trevor Bayne...NASCAR? Seriously? Makes me dizzy just thinking about it LOL Then I read about Neil Cavuto...that was a new one to me but I appreciate his candor, especially since he's had other health issues.

I know these "famous people" probably have great support systems surrounding them but it still lifts my spirit regardless.

Comment

I was surprised the first famous face with MS I ever heard of was not included: Annette Funicello
        "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~James Elliot

Comment

MS Good?

I can't quite get my head around having a good feeling when you find out someone has MS whether famous or not. Really!

Comment

None of the deceased ones are mentioned.

Comment

Some have published books about their experiences, which are good reads. As rich and famous as they may be, with great "support", they also struggled with the same emotions we did.

I had read Montel, Teri Garr, Neil Cavuto, David Landers awhile ago. While a different level, they all had career concerns, fear of the future, emotions of dealing day in and out. They are human, just as we are.

But to my point in another post, when someone is doing well, they continue to be a face for MS. But what happens once they progress? Little is said. I am not sure it is a personal choice or more of a societal choice. I would love to hear how some are doing now.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
              X