Pseudoexacerbations and pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pseudoexacerbations and pain?

Can a pseudoexacerbation produce pain? Say you had ON with pain as your early symptom but it returned in pseudo form, can that produce pain? Pain can be anywhere I guess.

A pseudo-exacerbation can produce any symptom(s). The symptoms of a pseudo-exacerbation is different for each person.

Could a pseudo-exacerbation cause more pain? Yes.

Pseudo-exacerbations are self-limiting. When your core body temperature decreases, a virus/flu/infection resolves, or you have rested from overdoing it the symptoms will usually return to what is normal for you.

Whenever in doubt consult with your Neurologist.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Look, I don't know.

I am not a believer in the benign nature of pseudo exacerbations - honestly, if your fingers went numb for a day, in the pre-MS days would you think that was just fine?
      I think these things are warning signs of what may be to come.
      Eighteen years of this, and that has what has come to pass.

Comment

I had a major pseudo exacerbation at beginning of year. I lost use of my legs and had to call 911 to get to the hospital. My husband couldn't lift me. Turns out I had a UT infection. My doctor said my MS had not gotten worse. He called it a pseudo exacerbation. After 4 days in the hospital the UTI was cleared up and then I had to rebuild my strength. PT and OT and I'm still not 100%.

Now I pay attention to my body much more.

Toot
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Hi Thinkimjob,

honestly, if your fingers went numb for a day, in the pre-MS days would you think that was just fine?
          Yes

I had a fair amount of "symptoms" when I was a kid. I grew up believing everyone experienced what I did. At the age of 24 I had my first exacerbation, went on to be diagnosed. Those symptoms when I was a kid finally made sense.

It is always possible for a pseudo-exacerbation to turn into a true exacerbation.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X