Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have more difficulty standing than walking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else have more difficulty standing than walking?

I limp when I walk, but I can cover distance. When I try to stand still for any period (stand in one place), my legs collapse.
    Am I the only one this happens to? I'm struggling with what to do - canes aren't designed to take your full weight.

I have it to some extent. I shift my weight back and forth from one leg to another.

Comment

I can walk for a very long time, but standing still is simply awful. My legs get weak & shaky rather quickly. Rocking helps, but after 15 minutes or so, even that fails me.
      "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
      Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Oh yeah, standing still is challenging.
        Portia

Comment

It's a near-run thing. Neither is much chop. What I find is if I stand for too long, even leaning against a wall, (two minutes tops), I start to lose the ability to string a sentence together.
          Mind you, sitting down is only marginally better.
          On the plus side, completely horizontal, things are still passable. Hoo-yeah!

Comment

Definitely. Standing at work for even five minutes is a lot for my legs. They feel like they are going to just collapse. I hold myself up with my arms a lot. If there's something near you, use your arms to support your weight instead of your legs. That's helps me stay upright for a little longer. After that I just say I have to sit down. Usually a couple of minutes sitting and I can start again. Walking is hard but standing still is worse for sure.

Comment

I can't walk very far using cane or rollator but standing is harder, my legs get weak and start bending at the knees.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
              X