IT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME

I am never amazed at how quickly we can go from feeling fine to feeling like we have been hit by a freight train in a matter of minutes. This happened to me today. I felt great this morning then it was like flipping a light switch, the became unbearable and the fatigue is so bad it is difficult to move from on place to another. My body is screaming sleep, sleep, sleep. I would do anything to be able to go home and just lay down and rest.

It just happens so fast. No warning at all just all of sudden boom! How many times has that happened to anyone else out there?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

It goes without saying that you are not alone. The only solution to it is to take a shower, drink a milkshake and go to sleep. Although it sounds like you don't have that luxury. I find that sleeping 3 days straight helps. After that I can have about 8 hours.

If you are still working it might be time to think about retiring soon.

Other than that, you can always prop yourself up with double espressos and RedBull.

Comment

Towards the end of my working days, it happened frequently. It still happens, but not anywhere near as often.

The problem I had with it when working is it then started to affect my arms, not being able to lift them, type, etc...

I had to rest and even after resting over night, still weak next day. That was time to call it quits for me.

Hope it remains infrequent for you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Waydwnsouth1,

It sounds like we are on similar paths. I was diagnosed in April of 2011 and have attempted to work since then. I recently started working a 2nd part-time job and the rest that I am getting is not enough. Even with a full night of sleep, I am very tired and usually have trouble concentrating. The second job may have to go soon.

I hope you are able to find a way to get your extra rest.

Comment

Working...
        X