mirlax problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirlax problem

hey i was just wondering if someone who is taking mirlax and it is making me have a lot of bowel movements more then ever before...is that normal?

Hi diguilio:

Miralax is a laxative (that's what the "lax" part stands for), so giving people bowel movements is not only normal, but is exactly what it's supposed to do.

If it's too much for you, decrease the amount you're taking and call the doctor who told you to take it and get instructions for what s/he wants you to do about it.

What you don't want is diarrhea because you can get dehydrated, and that isn't good.

Comment

It may take a bit for your body to adjust to the dose your doctor wants you to take. My gastroenterologist started me on a double dose in the morning and double at night. It took a good month for my body to adjust and get regular without the gushing diarrhea. Then I went down to 1 and 1/2 morning and night. That keeps things moving without accidents happening. But that is what miralax does, keeps things moving!
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

RE: Miralax

I haven't had good luck with Miralax. I have taken sennosides, and it seems more gentle. Especially if you take a small dose at am and pm.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X