Burning tongue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning tongue?

I started Gilenya three weeks ago today. For the last six days, the top of my tongue has been burning. It feels like I've burned my tongue drinking something hot but I haven't.

Has anyone had this? Did it go away and how long did it take?

Thanks!

Wow that's an odd/unpleasant side effect. I actually have had no noticeable side effects. I would contact your doctor or maybe someone at gilenya about it. If you think it is related to the meds Gilenya will probably advise you to contact the FDA to report it as a possible side effect.
    Sos219
    4/24/2014
    Avonex

Gilenya 1/29/2015- present

Comment

Gilenya question

With G do you need to be tested for the JVC virus? What exactly is the PLM risk with this?

Comment

Hi Nico,

I looked up an older thread where a "burning tongue" is discussed. If you use the search bar at the top of the page and search for "tongue" you'll find that tongue symptoms can be part of the package that is MS. It was my presenting symptom many moons ago. Have a look at the thread, and/or do a search, you'll find lots of info:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ue-feels-burnt

Comment

burning tongue....not on any therapy

Originally posted by Nico Blue View Post
          I started Gilenya three weeks ago today. For the last six days, the top of my tongue has been burning. It feels like I've burned my tongue drinking something hot but I haven't.

Has anyone had this? Did it go away and how long did it take?

Thanks!
          Hi, I have not been on any therapy for 2 years. I have the burning tongue issue but it's my whole mouth. Family doctor gave me antibiotic to take orally, that melts in mouth. I can't blame it on any MS therapy. It happens constantly now, and wonder if it's my pancreas. I will have to see my family doctor for tests. Neurologist wants me to try another oral pill Gilynea? Probably not spelled right. Has bad side effects like others. Anyway, it's happening with no therapy. Could it be other prescriptions like, gabapentin, hydrocodone,? Do you take these?

Comment

Working...
          X