Happy Anniversary to me ♪ ♫

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Anniversary to me ♪ ♫

I was born on this day in 1962, 31 minutes after midnight, and also, 31 minutes past my due date, and 9 months + 6 days after my parents' wedding. Today, I celebrate the 14th anniversary of my 39th birthday.

I make that choice, not because I don't wish to admit that I am 53, but, because my 39th birthday was the last birthday that I celebrated before I had MS. My 40th birthday occurred during a horrific flare, in which I was sometimes psychotic and I slept approximately 20 hours per day for about 2 months. During that flare, I also had major memory problems. I have never remembered more than two glimpses of events during those months.

One of those memories is a 40th birthday birthday party, which I thought was a surprise party. I later learned that I'd been told about it multiple times; I just forgot.

So, today, I am grateful for:
    • 39 healthy years, prior to MS
    • only one birthday where my health was as poor as it was on my 40th birthday
    • 14 years of learning and growing as a person, as I've adjusted to my MS
    • 14 years of friends and family also adjusting to MS and the ways it affects both me and them
    • 53 years of life
    • and a God who grieves with me when I am sad, rejoices with me when I am glad, and walks with me through both the good and the bad.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 04-27-2015, 12:10 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Faith,

Happy Birthday to you! What a beautiful post. Your gratitudes are inspiring. I was having a mental self pity day. Once I read your post, self pity is now gone, replaced by my own gratitudes.

I hope you continue to have "healthy" birthdays. I know it may be a special year for you with your book effort. Best of luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Happy Birthday to you, Faith ! Happy Birthday to Hope , too.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
        Happy Birthday to you, Faith ! Happy Birthday to Hope , too.
        And, should I extend that to my friend, Charity, too, JerryD?
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

love this

Happy Birthday to Hope, yes please! and of course a very big happy birthday to Faith

Comment

Happy birthday Faith. Reading your post made my day.

Comment

Happy Birthday. You're going to have to turn 40 one day.

Comment

Thanks for all the good wishes!
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Darling post. The best part was that you started counting all over again after 39. It was moving to read your last two lines. They are indeed inspirational.

This is the first time you've revealed how much you've gone through. I admire you.

A big happy birthday.

Comment

Mamabug, Happy Birthday. Positive posts are always good to read. Have a good day.

Toot
                    toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
                    Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Happy birthday Faith, you are inspiring to all of us! I had the same thing, turned 40 in May, diagnosed in December. I wish you the best!
                      Jen
                      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
                        Darling post. The best part was that you started counting all over again after 39. It was moving to read your last two lines. They are indeed inspirational.

This is the first time you've revealed how much you've gone through. I admire you.

A big happy birthday.
                        Thanks, Palmtree. That's only the beginning of the difficult things I've gone through, with my MS. That is why I am so grateful that things are better now, and that friends and family have stuck around, because, I truly do know from experience,

It Could B Worse.

~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Yes Charity, too. I get it, haha lol

Comment

You're quick, JerryD. :-)
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                            X