No announcement yet.

Sad ... Lousy timing :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sorry that this has happened and I agree about the lousy timing. I am praying for a quick and complete recovery. I hope that your son can visit after the ceremony and that you can share your pride, love and support with him at that time. (Hugs)

Comment

I can only tell you that you are not alone. Last year my son graduated from physical therapy school and I couldn't go because it was 105 degrees that day with a double ceremony in two different places.

What is so difficult is that I promised him I would be there at his big graduation. It was one more disappointment after a long series of disappointments he has endured.

I do everything I can to make it up to him. Right now, he is just glad I'm still here.

Comment

Thanks for asking about me, rdmc. Sorry didn't update everyone sooner, I've just been been so darn exhausted. I think everything that's been going on finally caught up with me. I am still in the hospital, but was admitted to the hospital's rehab unit. Doing better, but not improving as fast as I'd hoped. Several days in the other unit of not getting up and moving didn't help, either.

And thanks , everyone, for the kind words, prayers, and support. I'm so grareful I can come here where others "get" what it's like dealing with MS. My husband still questions why I agreed to go to the ER. "You knew they'd admit you ... why didn't you wait ... blah, blah, blah" Well, I had to do something, since I couldn't stand up anymore.

My husband tried to videotape the graduation ceremony, but it didn't turn out very good. But, we should be able to buy a professionally made video. Because I didn't go, the extra ticket allowed both my parents to go to the ceremony, not just one (limited tickets). So, at least in a round about way, I guess I was represented. They got a few nice pictures after the ceremony.

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
        Prayers for you Kimba. Having spent the better part of the last two months in hospitals it is no fun. Why don't they just place a foley catheter in if they are cathing you so often. I would request one.

Take care honey...this too shall pass
        Lisa
        Thanks, Lisa. You've had a much rougher road than I have lately, and thanks so much for your suggestion about the Foley catheter.

But, I've been told the bladder gets weaker after using one (not something I need since I already have urge incontinence.), so I avoid them whenever possible. Since it's a muscle, it makes sense that happens when it doesn't need to work. Thinking back, my bladder always took a week or so to get back to it's "normal" after using a Foley catheter. (I don't empty completely when I do go, which is why I also'have to cath).

The IV drip was set to "help flush out the uti, and was doing that too well. My doc finally lowered it, which definitely helped.

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
        Those awful UTIs that sneak up on us are the worst. Hopefully the culture will come
        back soon and they'll get you on the right med and it won't lead to the problems you've experienced in the past . (I think the very first thread, years ago, where we started "talking" you were also in the hospital due to a UTI with complications...I know you've had a hard time with
        them.)
        Yeah, they can be pretty awful. Took a full 72 hrs. for the results on which antibiotic(s) worked best. The IV antibiotic they had me on was one of them. I've finally been "upgraded" to an oral antibiotic (for the next 3 weeks).

I had uti complications after getting the MRI compatible pacemaker ~ which was by Medtronic. (Which is why we started "talking," because of the baclofen pump) Had a major flare after the surgery, then extensive rehab, wbc counts started dropping (because of Gilenya), and my nightmare cycle of uti's and sepsis began.

Hoping to get a pass to leave the facility for my son's graduation party this Saturday. Guess they need to check my insurance first.

Hoping to soon get back to my previous baseline, but it's getting harder and harder now, which is so frustrating and discouraging. I also just finished up the last round of PT and OT in March from the flare I had I last May after my baclofen pump surgery. Never seems to end. Has gotten old, but nothing else I can do but continue fighting.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
          I can only tell you that you are not alone. Last year my son graduated from physical therapy school and I couldn't go because it was 105 degrees that day with a double ceremony in two different places.

What is so difficult is that I promised him I would be there at his big graduation. It was one more disappointment after a long series of disappointments he has endured.

I do everything I can to make it up to him. Right now, he is just glad I'm still here.
          I remember you sharing something about this. That is quite an accomplishment, and you must be so very proud of your son. Wow. I couldn't handle a double ceremony, especially in two different places, even with out the heat! I'm sorry you couldn't make it, but I'm sure he understood why. But, it is still a disappointment for everyone involved.

It sounds like you have a wonderful son, and he cherishes what really is most important ~ you.
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
            I tend to be a more private person, and don't usually share much. But, I see I'm not alone and find strength after reading other people's posts. But I could use some prayers, cyber hugs, and support from my cyber "family.
            You got it – I'm just so mad on your behalf! It's so unfair and I love that you get up and keep fighting, but it's also totally normal to feel sad about that baseline adjusting downward (that's happening to me and it makes me so angry because I feel there's not much more I can do to stop it). I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now and you are getting the PT that you need.

I hope that a perfectly filmed video of the graduation turns up, and that you get some solace from looking at the pictures and hearing stories about the day from your son and everyone who attended. We are all behind you and thinking about you!

Comment

Working...
            X