Sad ... Lousy timing :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad ... Lousy timing :(

I tend to be a more private person, and don't usually share much. But, I see I'm not alone and find strength after reading other people's posts. But I could use some prayers, cyber hugs, and support from my cyber "family."

I'm in a pseudo flare from a raging uti that landed me in the hospital a few days ago. Increased weakness was my only only sign something was wrong, but that's happened to me before. I've had some pretty bad luck with uti's in the past (flares, pseudo flares, sepsis) so finally made an appointment to see my urologist last Thursday. But, I never made it there, instead I fell and had to call 911 to help me get up off the floor after I fell trying to stand up.

Other than bruised knees, I didn't injure myself when I fell. But, I was still taken and admitted to the hospital because of how weak I was. I do have a uti and was put on a IV antibiotic Thursday night, but my docs are still waiting to for results on which one will work best for this uti. Hopefully, they'll find out the right one today.

Even though I had Botox for my neurogenic bladder it isn't cooperating with the iv saline I'm being given, along with the antibiotic. Even though I'm being cathed every four hours (because I have a history of retention along with urge incontinence). I guess its time for my urologist to do another Botox procedure. Not fun

In the meantime, my weakness isn't faring very well, especially with each additional day I'm in the hospital. Yesterday (Sat.) no one from PT or OT came to see me, so I never got a chance to get up, other than being transferred from the bed to a chair. An OT saw me this morning, and supposedly a PT is going to see me this afternoon.

There is " talk" of sending me to inpatient rehab, and since I value PT and OT, I know it would be the best thing for me if it is offered to me. Just lousy timing for me to be in the hospital.

Not that I'm ever thrilled to be here, even under "normal" circumstances, but my son is graduating from college and today (right now) is his commencement ceremony. Hard enough to deal with all the other challenges MS has brought into my life day to day, but having to miss out on my son's ceremony just breaks my heart.

I hate MS.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Kimba, I am sending you a big cyber hug. I am so sorry you are going through this and yes the timing just sucks. Your son will know that you are there in spirit and I hope lots of pictures were taken (I know that is not the same as being there, but I hope you get to see some of his day).

I hope you have a full and speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts.

Comment

Not that I'm ever thrilled to be here, even under "normal" circumstances, but my son is graduating from college and today (right now) is his commencement ceremony. Hard enough to deal with all the other challenges MS has brought into my life day to day, but having to miss out on my son's ceremony just breaks my heart.
      I am so sorry, Kimba

My son graduated college 3 years ago and I can only imagine how I would have felt if I had been unable to attend. My heart breaks for both of you. Sending prayers your way.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Kimba, i feel so bad. i`m sending tons of hugs and prayers to you.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Kimba

I am so, so very sorry.

I attended my first daughters wedding last summer, just a few weeks before my diagnosis ( I had NO idea!), and sadly my spirit was absent. Too hot, too tired, too emotional...too everything. Kind of what sent me to my doc.

In my opinion the unpredictability of this disease is the worst aspect.

Holding you in my heart and prayers.

Maggi

Comment

be well

Kimb you have send me a lot of advise and support be well you're in my mind

Comment

Hang in there.....

This disease had a way with ruining the best laid plans. I'm so sorry you missed your son's graduation. I know it's not the same, but I do hope someone taped it with their phone. A thousand hugs from Chicago...

DPL
              "It matters not how strait the gate,
              How charged with punishments the scroll,
              I am the master of my fate,
              I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Hey Kimba,

So sorry to hear about the hospitalization and downward spiral.

Those awful UTIs that sneak up on us are the worst. Hopefully the culture will come
                back soon and they'll get you on the right med and it won't lead to the problems you've experienced in the past . (I think the very first thread, years ago, where we started "talking" you were also in the hospital due to a UTI with complications...I know you've had a hard time with
                them.)

I know they took lots of photos of your son's graduation, but it's not the same as being
                there...big disappointment.

Hoping they find the right combination of meds and therapy to get you feeling better.

I'll be praying for you and your family. Keep us informed as to what's going on.

Comment

Well, I am sorry to put it this way, but THIS SUKS!!!!

Geez.. enuf. BUT I am so proud of YOU for not only reaching out to us,
                  but to ask for what you need!! And to share this hard stuff when you
                  are so vulnerable.

Of course we can try to understand..and of course I'll send you a
                  HUG!!! A big, warm, caring hug~

I wonder if anyone thought of skyping your son's graduation?
                  Still.. not the same.
                  (God) grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                  the Courage to change the things I can,
                  and the wisdom to know the difference...

LuvULot, Kimba~
                  Jan
                  I believe in miracles~!
                  2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                  Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Prayers and hugs sent your way. I hope someone was able to get video of your son receiving his diploma. I can only imagine your heartache.

Here's hoping to a quick recovery. Feel better soon.
                    Kathy
                    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Prayers for you Kimba. Having spent the better part of the last two months in hospitals it is no fun. Why don't they just place a foley catheter in if they are cathing you so often. I would request one.

Take care honey...this too shall pass
                      Lisa
                      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                      Tysabri

Comment

You know I'm sending prayers and your way, Kimba! I am so terribly sorry about all of this. I hate MS too

Hope you can get the UTI nightmare behind you soon enough and you get stronger each day.

Sending my love and ((((hugs))) to you
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I'm so sorry you are missing your sons graduation. I know how important this day must be for you and him. Hope you are feeling better soon and able to celebrate with him then.

Comment

My heart goes out to you. You are always so kind to all of us in cyberland. I want you to know hugs are flying directly from Michigan to you.

Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                            RRMS
                            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Hey Kimba,

Just wondered how you are and if you are still in the hospital?

Comment

Working...
                              X